Do you know the French ravioli?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frenchys

Cook
I just want to know if you heard about thoses Ravioles ?

Coz even in france some poeple dosn´t !

It's a kind of stuffed pasta... and it's really amayzing !
and the english name is French ravioli :)

What is the difference between French and Italian Ravioli - does anyone know?
I've had ravioli stuffed with a plethora of tastes from the traditional meat, to lobster and even veg - always considered it Italian though.

I just want to know if you heard about thoses Ravioles ?

Coz even in france some poeple dosn´t !

What kind of differences are you looking for?

Ravioli, first of all is plural, so "raviolis" doesn't mean anything.

Ravioli are ravioli whether in Italy, France, USA. Perhaps you are talking about fillings?

Yes, the French are not bound by tradition, and thus may fill their ravioli with items other than the traditiona Italian fillings. however, Italians are also using non0traditional stuffings, and goodness knows, we stuff them with everything but the kitchen sink here in US.

so I'm not sure what your comment/question refers to.

Yes, lots of people make ravioli in France.

And for the jokesters, why don't you take a trip to France and eat the food and meet the people. Maybe you'd be less likely to make fun of them. :ermm:

What kind of differences are you looking for?

Ravioli, first of all is plural, so "raviolis" doesn't mean anything.

Ravioli are ravioli whether in Italy, France, USA. Perhaps you are talking about fillings?

Yes, the French are not bound by tradition, and thus may fill their ravioli with items other than the traditiona Italian fillings. however, Italians are also using non0traditional stuffings, and goodness knows, we stuff them with everything but the kitchen sink here in US.

so I'm not sure what your comment/question refers to.

Yes, lots of people make ravioli in France.

And for the jokesters, why don't you take a trip to France and eat the food and meet the people. Maybe you'd be less likely to make fun of them. :ermm:

I asked about the differences because the OP raised the topic and I wondered. I googled and found little or nothing on the subject so I asked.

As to the joking...

Some people have a sense of humor...

I was told by my coworker, while in France and having a lovely but expensive dinner, that difference between anything and the French version is that the French version costs more.

If this dish actually exists, I'm wondering if it is called French ravioli because it is fried. I like to deep fry perogie. I suppose you could fry ravioli also. Nothing like the way it is traditionally prepared but probably wouldn't be that bad...I'm going to buy a bag of frozen ravioli and fry some next time I get the deep fryer out. Stay tuned....If there wasn't such a thing as French Ravioli before, there will be now...:LOL:

Last edited:
If this dish actually exists, I'm wondering if it is called French ravioli because it is fried. I like to deep fry perogie. I suppose you could fry ravioli also. Nothing like the way it is traditionally prepared but probably wouldn't be that bad...I'm going to buy a bag of frozen ravioli and fry some next time I get the deep fryer out. Stay tuned....If there wasn't such a thing as French Ravioli before, there will be now...:LOL:

I love fried pirogi (found the spelling). I'd been thinking about fried ravioli as a substitute.

Talking of French Cuisine I was reading in a magazine the other day about an idea that is gaining massive popularity, I think it's called Verre Cuisine or something similar. It's when each course of the meal is made in a small glass, starters, mains and dessert are served this way as far as I know, I think there are more courses than three though as the protions must be minute. Has anyone heard of this, I know some people on here are really knowledgeable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom