EGYPT - Cairo, Alexandria and Luxor ... suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yakuta

Head Chef
Has anyone on this forum been to Cairo Eygpt. We are planning a trip there in two weeks and I was curious if anyone can share any tips (travel and food or otherwise) for this city.

We will be in Eygpt for a total of 10 days and plan to visit Cairo, Alexandria and Luxor. Given it's the first time we are heading to that region I can use some tips from others.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I have never been there, as much as I would have liked to, but if my memory serves me right, Expatgirl once told me she had lived there before (she has traveled around a lot, now in Kazakhstan!). If she doesn't see this thread soon enough, you might want to PM her and ask about it!

Yakuta said:
Has anyone on this forum been to Cairo Eygpt. We are planning a trip there in two weeks and I was curious if anyone can share any tips (travel and food or otherwise) for this city.

We will be in Eygpt for a total of 10 days and plan to visit Cairo, Alexandria and Luxor. Given it's the first time we are heading to that region I can use some tips from others.

Thanks in advance.

You will love it! If I can give you one peice of advice, it would be to not worry. I never once felt unsafe. I was there for a week on two occasions. When in luxor you will likely see spice vendors selling some pretty amazing spices. Be careful, unless you really know what you are buying you can easily get ripped off. Take lots of pictures! Above all, have fun!

I have been in Cairo, Egypt many years ago. I was aboard a very large ship and we stopped there for 2 days. The sights were absolutely wonderful and beautiful but before we visited the city the Captain of the ship took all our passports.

I remember the toilet paper was very coarse and I would suggest that you bring you own bottled water.

Back
Top Bottom