Famous Dave's B-B-Que

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Lucked into Dave's last night for dinner. Gotta say it was pretty good.

Actually around here it's above and beyond the usual standards of restaurants. Foods not that great. Service from waitresses you feel dirty after eating there. Heck I'm wondering afterwards if I should stop by the ER on my way home. I usually keep quiet wait for everyone else to hurry up so I can go home and make my own dinner. It's that bad.

Dave's was a nice surprise. The menu has something for everyone.
I tried a combo Ribs, Catfish, Chicken,Hot wings to, Onion strings.

The Boss had the same except he had Cole slaw, Corn muffin, and Baked beans.

The portions are huge. I even tried to bribe the waiter to sit down next to me and help me eat it. He thought that was funny.

We bought an extra rack and 2 sides to bring home for the guys dinner. Missedthembythismuch. They had already eaten elsewhere.

What we couldn't finish is now a complete meal of left overs.
Found a recipe for the sweet and sassy sauce. Tossed it in the crock pot.

Next time were trying out the Brisket. It looked so good with grilled pineapple.

Dinner's on!

Famous Dave's

I ate at one here and it was pretty good too. Some chains I refuse to eat at like Applebees but some are pretty good. I like California Pizza Kitchen but some locations are better than others.

Your right about Applebees. Once was enough for us to. Is it safe to say "over rated?"

CPK is a great spot to. We've never had to return a dish.

Dave's must have just recently opened up down here. They only have 3 locations in this state. I was in that area not long ago don't recall seeing it then. It's still worth going back to trying other things on the menu.

They really take good care of the customers. When we got to the door someone was there waiting to open it for us. The pit was smokin' hot poof-poofing away. The staff was always making sure that your were comfortable. Even if it wasn't any particular persons station. They were in it for you.

When we were leaving they were at the door thanking us. Surprised me enough I forgot I wanted to check out the bottled sauces and other goodies they were selling.. Ok next time... Remind me. :LOL:

Famous Dave's is pretty good for a chain restaurant. It used to be my favorite bbq joint until a local place opened around here that is even better. We don't have one local. The closest one is in Richmond (hour's drive) but it's near family. It's one of the places to choose from when we're up there visiting.

Dave's is pretty ok. I might eat there more if they were closer. I did have lunch there off and on when I was working a little south of here as it was right up the street from the office.

I ate at one here and it was pretty good too. Some chains I refuse to eat at like Applebees.

it's known as crapplebees, here.

i am forced a gunpoint to eat there once in a while. it's like mickey d's with an expanded menu
and but restaurant prices.

the only national chain that i like is carabbas. too much sodium, but they pay attention and have a person trained with the defribrillator.

Last edited:
I like Famous Dave's and I'm not one who eats at very many big chain restaurants. Since FD is based out of the Twin Cities, we have quite a few, including one that's right on the way home from work. So every once in awhile I'll swing by and get some ribs or brisket to go with a side of "Wilbur Beans". I love their smoked sausage, too.

There is a Famous Dave's in Colorado Springs. I will have to give them a try. I really like this place, but I think it is just local to this area. Really good bbq, and you bring in pictures of your dogs and they put them under the glass on the tables. Too fun! Bird Dog BBQ

Bird Dog BBQ

Back
Top Bottom