FL - St. Petersburg ... suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
Friends and we are going to a "Coffee Concert" in St. Pete's next week. The concert begins at 1 am and ends at around 1pm. We have had a hard time finding a place for lunch where we won't be rushed out at 2pm.

Any suggestions? We go in separate cars, so would like to know about a place that is easy to find.

Thanks.

Lyndalou

I don't know that area so i can't help you there, but I was wondering if you could give more info on this coffee concert. It sounds really interesting. What kind of music? how many performers? What type of venue? What is the reason for the interesting hours?

I don't understand the 2 pm comment.

'Season' started Oct 1. You shouldn't have any trouble finding restaurants open day or night from now until Easter.

GB,

The Coffee Concerts are performed by the Florida Orchestra at the Mahaffey Theatre in St. Petersburg about every other month or so. The music is often classical (not really heavy) and sometimes it's seasonal, at Christmastime, for an example. Other times they may play show tunes. The music begins at 11:00 am and the performance ends at 1 p.m. There is a 15 min. intermission midway. The doors open at 10 a.m. for coffee and donuts.

It's always very enjoyable, and we go with 2-3 other couples and enjoy lunch after the performance. It's a lovely way to spend an afternoon.

Silversage, we live in Citrus County about 1 1/2 hours from St. Pete's and have had a problem finding places for lunch that don't close at 2 pm then reopen at 4 or 5 for dinner. Don't know where you live in Florida, but if you know of a place I'd appreciate your sharing.

Getouta,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look at the website. Thank you so much.

Lyndalou

Sorry, I am a bit slow today. I just realized that the first post must be a type and should have read 11 and not 1.

I thought it was so cool that you were going to a 12 hour concert that started at 1 in the morning.

I live about 15 minutes from St. Pete. Give me an idea of the type of restaurant you want and I'll try to help.

GB,

Someday, I'll start proofreading my messages. The correct time is 11 am to 1 pm. I think the last time I was out at 1 am, I had to call in sick the next morning. A long time ago...

Silversage,

We are open to just about anything. Mediterranean would be great if you know of a place. One of our friends mentioned going into Ybor City. Do you know any places in that area?

Ybor City is not in St. Pete; it's in Tampa. It's the historic old Cuban district where they used to make cigars. Other than the Columbia Restaurant (which has become a statewide chain and I personally think is just a lot of hype - the food is lousy), it's primarily a night spot. Lots of bars and dancing late into the night (and lots of police to try to keep things calm). During the day there's not a lot to see.

If you want a real nice meal near the theater, go to the Mahaffey website and click the link called Mahaffey Gourmet. There are several VERY good restaurants that all offer discount packages with your ticket stub and most are open all day. Try Bella Bravia.

Hi again Silversage,

I did know that Ybor is in Tampa. Thanks so much for giving me the infor re restaurants in St. Pete's.
I am sending it on to my friends.

Lyndalou

Back
Top Bottom