Heading to Manhattan/NYC 3/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

savvychef

Assistant Cook
Heading to Manhattan next week, and would love some tips on where to find great food @ reasonable prices. Do have a reservation 1 nite @ Becco- will provide feedback upon return.

:chef: by passion, not by training

Heading to Manhattan next week, and would love some tips on where to find great food @ reasonable prices. Do have a reservation 1 nite @ Becco- will provide feedback upon return.

:chef: by passion, not by training

There are several Korean BBQ places near the Empire State Building. (I believe a block south.) Very reasonable and simply delicious. Plus fun as you essentially have a small hibachi in the center of your table and can cook the proteins and veggies to your liking. Even my "meat and potatoes" father enjoyed going...after we wrangled him into a chair and distracted him with a chopsticks lesson.

I definitely agree with Eataly! We just went last week (try to go on a weekday- I heard the weekends get crazy). It was nice and quiet on Thursday and the food was sooooo good. Thursday they have porchetta at the little sandwich shop inside and it is to die for. I have a ton of pics posted on my blog if you take a peek (highly-experimental.blogspot). We also ate at Ma Peche- super tasty, but pricey. Their menu is online, this is one of David Chang's restaurants and we really enjoyed it.
Bond 45 had nice Italian and they are super fast if you are going to a show- however, they weren't anything "special", so not at the top of my revisit list.
Late night is fun at Chez Josephine (named for Josephine Baker)- they have live music, kind of cajun, New Orleans style with lovely french food. Another late night spot we enjoyed was the Stanton Social Club- I believe it's in SoHo. It was mentioned on the Best Thing I Ever Ate on FN because of the onion soup dumplings. Super tasty but be careful- you can burn the heck out of your mouth! Also very creative and interesting drinks.
Have fun in NYC- we can't wait to go back...

Back
Top Bottom