IL - Chicago area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sush, my parents were just there a few weeks ago - the photos from the area were just beautiful! Lucky you being able to live there!!!

Since I'm moving, I can't vacation for quite some time, so how about you send me a nice big chicago pizza?

Amen, UnicornJason. We just returned from Chi-town and had Lou Malnotti pizza the night after T-giving. Talk aboutcher srumptious thin crust.............

I, too, am from Chi-Town. I love it here. Hands down, the best place to live in the world. Traffic and smog aside, the grass is always green here LOL.

I got the South side covered up to the near north district just north of The Loop. Wifey works at the Bloomingdales Building on Michigan Ave. She goes somewhere new for lunch or dinner just about every day. Lucky her! However, if you are in search of a home cooked meal, my kitchen is always open.

Is Mr. Bennie's still in the Tinley Park area? We ate there when we went to a Farm Aid concert, and I had one of the top 5 steaks I've had in my life. They also served us a marinated grilled portobello that was fantastic. I've never been able to duplicate the recipe.
And of course, the service was impeccable. Mr. Bennie is Italian...what more can I say?

img_204486_0_918d4a7a8e08cfc82b6a7ae6e6b5176d.jpg

We had a Chicago Pizza overnighted to us when I worked at the Newspaper in El Paso....it was awesome! (I think it was Uno's)

Seems now you can Order from Lou Malnati's online.....
My Sister would love me forever if I surprised her with a couple!:LOL:

Here's the link: http://www.deepdishpizza.com/vendors/malnatis/

When I graduated from Nursing School a friend/classmate and I went up to Chicago as a celebration trip. It happened to occur when the city was having its Taste of Chicago festival. If no ones ever been to it I highly recommend it. Wish I could remember this Greek resturant we went to it had the best Gyro's I've ever had in my life.

Hubby & I are going to Chicago for a few days next week. We'll arrive on Wed. & leave on Monday. He'll be attending some sort of geek-convention most of the time so I will be on my own during the day. We're staying at the Wyndham near the airport & don't plan to rent a car, to my knowledge. I'm thinking about getting a CTA Vistor's pass.

Where can I go to get some good takeout food near the hotel, as I am not real fond of eating by myself in a restaurant?

We were both in Chicago in '95 or '96 to attend a Graphic Arts convention - before we were married. We both worked for RR Donnelley & Sons. So, we have fond memories of the place & we're looking forward to a return trip. I couldn't tell you where we went back then - the places might not even be there anymore.

My hotel was on Michigan Ave., that much I do remember!

When I was 16, I was a nanny (summer girl) in Buffalo Grove, a suburb. I do only live about 4-5 hrs away from Chicago as well.

My favorite place to eat in Chicago was ALWAYS My Pie (insert ther mathmatical sign for pie). The BEST pizza I've ever has....heaven...

I also live in the Chicago area - Lou Malnati's pizza is the best! When I moved out of state for a couple of years, we ordered them through the mail (packed in dry ice) on a regular basis - I highly reccommend everyone try a piece!

Have to agree with MM about Lou's pizza. Lou's salad is also excellent.

I think Uno's and Gino's are overrated.

Used to like Nancy's stuffed pizza when I lived downtown. I think there was only one location - in Lincoln Park or thereabouts where all the yuppies lived in the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom