I'm going to Kirkland WA in a couple of days...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
I'll be flying into SeaTac on Monday afternoon, and flying out Wednesday afternoon, and my hotel is in Kirkland. Any recommendations? Anyone want to meet for dinner? I'll buy if you take me someplace good, within reasonable price parameters, of course. :yum:

CD

You'll be just a hop, skip and a jump from me (I'm across the water in Bremerton).

Unfortunately, I don't know of any good restaurants in Seattle because I've never eaten there.

You'll be just a hop, skip and a jump from me (I'm across the water in Bremerton).

Unfortunately, I don't know of any good restaurants in Seattle because I've never eaten there.

Find some material meant for the tourist trade. They are pretty good at keep up with what is good and what is not. They don't want to have any of their tourists read something that is now wrong.

Seattle is pretty good for seafood. Or it was when I lived in that part of the country.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll only be in Kirkland at night. I'll have to see what's near my hotel.

CD

Great link, Rocklobster. Wonderful sounding restaurants.

Have a great time, Casey! Too bad you're not able to spend a couple of extra days up there in the beautiful Great Northwest. Pike Place Market in Seattle is a lot of fun and a foodie's dream. :wub: :chef: (Not that you'd be able to lug suitcases of fresh produce and seafood home on the plane, though...)

Last edited:
Why not combine some ghost hunting with eating?

The Kells

This mortuary-turned-Irish pub in Post Alley (above Pike Place Market) is thought to be one of the most haunted spots in Seattle.

They were even featured on Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel, with a long history of dead bodies inside the building from mining accidents and violence back in the 1900s. But despite their building's past, the small pub is still a local favorite for shepherd's pie, sandwiches, salads, soups, and ice cold beer.

Owl 'n' Thistle

Kells may be the more famous haunted bar in Seattle, but Owl N' Thistle Irish Pub is still home to plenty of ghost stories of their own.

Employees have reportedly seen at least one ghost, who will play piano when nobody else is around, and others have said they've felt some sort of presence behind the bar. But whether or not there are actually spirits, this place in Post Alley is still worth a visit, with live music most nights, and menu items like sandwiches, fish & chips and shepherd's pie.

Il Bistro

Pike Place is said to be haunted by several old spirits, including a few at this top-class Italian restaurant hidden underneath the market. Some people have reported seeing a shadowy ghost behind customers in mirrors, and another female ghost was supposedly seen in a flowing dress near the bathroom.

Regardless, it's still one of the best places to go downtown for Italian fare. They serve all kinds of traditional favorites (like pastas, calamari and gnocchi), in a dark, candle-lit setting.

Merchant's Cafe and Saloon

Seattle's oldest restaurant has been serving excellent sandwiches, appetizers, and salads in the Pioneer Square neighborhood for years. According to their website, there have also been several reports of slamming doors, moving objects, restroom faucets turning on and off, and even the supposed appearance of a full-on apparition.

Last edited:
RR, when I click "quote" for your post, a much bigger post comes up than what I see in the thread. Haunted post? :ohmy:

A good bar is no good to me anymore. :(

I'm sure I'll find something. I'm going to be working hard while the sun is up, so I'll be looking for good food after work. That close to the ocean, I'll be looking for some good seafood.

CD

I wonder if they have little people in labcoats and hairnets giving out free samples of stuff in all of the hallways in the corporate HQ of Costco. That would be so cool.

Hello from 30-something thousand feet. My customer mentioned meeting up for dinner tonight, so maybe I'll get good food, and not pay for it. He lives in Kirkland, so he should know what is good.

CD

If I go somewhere good, I'll snap an iPhone shot. People freak out if I break out the D4 and lights. :LOL:

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom