ITALY - Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isnt food from your childhood wonderful!! That sounds great, and as you say...messy:) :)
I love Panzanella salad so that sounds kinda similar. I imagine the reason for soaking the bread is because in your fathers day, bread was not made/bought daily so to soften it, Panzanella and your fathers ' sandwich were invented. Thats how the worlds great tastes come about.....and we can all be thankful for that.:chef:
Thanks for letting us know about the sandwich!

Oh no: bread, in Italy, is Always made daily. But it doesn't last more than a day. And it was, during War, very precious. So, the old remained bread was always saved: we have a lot of dishes that use old bread, one of them are milanese tortelli. But I think we are now just a bit OT. I'll be glad to give you all the informations you like, by MP or in a Topic that you can begin with the title you like. Ask everything you like.

Ciao RDG! E grazie per tua l'invito stasera. Mi dispiace moltissimo che avevamo gia piani. A presto!

I'm going to try these tomotos un peppered, but it will be a novelty! We found a HUGE Esselunga supermarket in Via Riparmonti and restocked with tomatoes. It appears somebody has eaten over a dozen in three days, LOL! I imagine after I have finished my tom-fest I may never eat another again, but right now they are still the best thing I ever tatsed. My husband almost fell over one night this week when I eschewed an icecream for a tomoto I had slipped in my bag! Perini tomatos are my favourite, the stripey green beef ones are beautiful, but the perini ones taste so....tomatoey I guess!

I have also bought some Sardinian pasta, stuffed with mint "Culurgionis alla menta". Sounds interesting! And a huge piece of prociutto and a couple of cheeses that are new to me.

Tonight I have been tempted away from tomotoes to a plate of halved sweet greengages and peaches and we are going to a jazz club in the Navigli where a friend of my husband's from NY is performing, so I'll sample some of the nightlife here too.

Hi, lulu, don't worry, we'll meet in september....
Navigli (channels) are the two among the only three remained from the hundreds that were present in Milano till '30. Milano was the town with greatest water roads net in Europe, and perhaps in the world, after Venice, but Venice is built ON water, Milano is a Ground Town. You were able to arrive just under Duomo, by boat...Progress is not always a good thing ..:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom