ITALY - Torino?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jikoni

Sous Chef
Anyone been to any great restaurants in Torino and would like to recommend them to me?I will be there on my birthday this weekend and thought I could go somewhere special.

Oh Torino!! Oh how I wished to be there during February last year!! (wonder why???:LOL:)

No I haven't been there yet, hope surely to visit some day soon... maybe Lulu or RDG have been there?? Not too far from Milano!

Jikoni, one of DH's colleagues is from Torino...I asked his suggestions on your behalf, results are quoted from his email ;

a very "atmospheric place" (with lots of atmosphere) : "Cambio" in Piazza Carignano (super elegante).

If she wants to eat really well, I recommend "Locanda Mongreno", "Birichin" and if driving, "Combal Zero" at castello di Rivoli (this last one is very, very expensive, but "è un'esperienza mistica").

I hope that gives you some choice, have a great birthday!

urmaniac13 said:
Oh Torino!! Oh how I wished to be there during February last year!! (wonder why???:LOL:)
No I haven't been there yet, hope surely to visit some day soon... maybe Lulu or RDG have been there?? Not too far from Milano!
Licia, what's 'fillete'?(maybe sp problem) I thought it was beef fillet but it turned out strange on my plate a couple of times.It was more like over tenderised meat.

Filetto is beef fillet....could that be the right spelling? Where did you go, was it good? :)

The patron of a cafe near the hotel on via Lagrange recommended a Restaurant called Marco Polo, but it was fully booked so recommended Il Porto on Via G. Da Verazzano. where they were going to that evening. The food was disappointing. The patron and his wife agreed and they said they will never return to that restaurant again. I have to admit there is nowhere I ate that I would recommend to anyone. Even the Filleto was disappointing. Lulu, I like to cut into my fillet and chew it, but the one I had, I could tear it with a folk without cutting. I like Torino having said all that ;)

Yes, as Lulu said "filetto" is a fillet or tenderloin, not only beef but it could be for chicken, turkey, fish, etc. Sorry the food was not as memorable as you have expected, probably it wasn't cooked properly, as "filetto" should be one of the best parts...:( I am glad you had a good time all the same!!

Maybe my fault Urmaniac13 I could have settled for pasta pizza etc etc Italian cuisine, but I just had to find a nice piece of beef!. I hadn't had steak for a while and wanted to have some badly. Gelato was great though :) I will go back and will check out the places Lulu mentioned. I was too busy to post this earlier Lulu. Read your suggestions when I got back. A bit late.

I thought they might be when I posted them :( Still, they'll be posted for the next time anyone goes to Torino (ubnless they search for Turin!, lol)

Back
Top Bottom