MO - near Montauk State Park - Bo's Hollow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Bo's Hollow Missouri.
We found it by accident. Traveling from Pulltite campground on the scenic Current River, we wanted to get to Mauntauk springs and mill to do that "tourist" thing.
Taking the back roads across the low water bridge at Cedar Grove(you will have to look at a map, don't know the road numbers) we were driving along a dirt road and spotted this little 1930's town in miniature...

at first we didn't stop, then changed our minds, reversed into the parking lot and had a pleasant time talking with the owners. After walking around they mentioned the BBQ was a functioning restaurant. We took advantage of the situation and were thrilled with the sandwiches. They smoke the beef on site, make their own BBQ sauce, bake their own buns!!

When we were there you got a large sandwich, chips, drink for $5. Extra sandwich was $2.50.
Oh, the beef jerky is also made in house and is some of the best I have ever eaten..
BO'S HOLLOW a step back in time - Model A Tours - Beef Jerky

Oh, they also have home made candies....

You lucky devil. It is so rare to find those kind of places. I bet you will never forget
I just wish I could go there.
Forget them.. Not a chance. I will returning there in April and I have them mail order me their beef jerky....
I forgot to add, everything they cook is cooked on or in a wood burning stove or wood burning oven. They have a wind powered water well and heat with wood. the only thing they have that is "on the grid" is their phone and lights.

I applaud that kind of effort!

Bo's Hollow Missouri.
We found it by accident. Traveling from Pulltite campground on the scenic Current River, we wanted to get to Mauntauk springs and mill to do that "tourist" thing.
Taking the back roads across the low water bridge at Cedar Grove(you will have to look at a map, don't know the road numbers) we were driving along a dirt road and spotted this little 1930's town in miniature...

at first we didn't stop, then changed our minds, reversed into the parking lot and had a pleasant time talking with the owners. After walking around they mentioned the BBQ was a functioning restaurant. We took advantage of the situation and were thrilled with the sandwiches. They smoke the beef on site, make their own BBQ sauce, bake their own buns!!

When we were there you got a large sandwich, chips, drink for $5. Extra sandwich was $2.50.
Oh, the beef jerky is also made in house and is some of the best I have ever eaten..
BO'S HOLLOW a step back in time - Model A Tours - Beef Jerky

Oh, they also have home made candies....

I like the looks of their gift basket, neat place !

Back
Top Bottom