NC - Outer Banks Area eateries?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last time I was at Weeping Radish, while happy with the beer, I was very dissatified with the food and service. It'll take seeing a group of friends I haven't seen in awhile in order to get me back in there. It's too bad, that place used to be WAY high on my list.

Ciao,

Lone Cedars (Revisited)

For those who didn't know and do care, Lone Cedars burnt to the ground at the beginning of the summer season.

This past week I received an email from JWU alumni association that Lone Cedars was ready to hire after the rebuild. There wasn't an expected startup date, but it's bound to be soon.

Ciao,

I just spent the weekend at my bud's beach house (MP12) on the beach road.

I'll be between MP 11 and 12 in October. I'll definitely have to check out Tortuga's Lie. From what I can tell, we could walk there from the house. We're going to be about 4-5 houses down from the pier.

Update on Lone Cedars

I was just at the Outer Banks this past weekend (Oct 6th). Lone Cedar is back up and running. It appears to be larger than ever. The place was packed when I drove by.

Ciao,

I've now eaten at Toog's twice. Everything they say about it is true. In fact, I'm currently sitting here staring at the beach and recovering from an amazing Tuna Steak Sandwich, accompanied with a bowl of Hatteras Clam Chowder, washed down with a Smithwick's draft and finished off with a slice of Peanut Butter Pie. I'm sated, to say the least.

Had lunch at Basnight's. Big restaurant. Not really a lot of atmosphere because the new building is so, well, new. Food was good though. Fried okra was amazing, and flounder was some of the freshest I've ever had.

BTW, Weeping Radish in Manteo is closed. They have moved everything to Jarvisburg, and the Jarvisburg "eco farm" doesn't serve German food. :mad:

Just got back from OBX. Ate some places new to me. Pamlico Jack's was excellent!! They had a really wonderful seafood platter and white cheddar cheese grits to die for! Reasonably priced for what you got. Had a wonderful view of the sunset over the sound.

Also ate at the Lifesaving Station (across from the Left Bank in Sanderling). It was good but pricey.

Back
Top Bottom