NC - Wilmington ... where to meet up with family?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
My sister and her boyfriend will be in New Bern, NC next week. We are supposed to meet them in Wilmington, NC (it is a couple hours closer for us than driving all the way to New Bern). Does anyone know a good place for us to meet up, since none of us have ever been there? I have been near there, but I have never been in Wilmington. We don't want to meet in the middle of the city. I was thinking about something on the north end, since they will be coming from the north. Something easy for all of us to find, off of whatever road comes south from New Bern would be great. We will all be staying overnight in Wilmington. I have to work, so we won't be arriving until at least 6:00 p.m.

:) Barbara

I would suggest at your Hotel or where ever you plan on spending the night.
I looked at the area and there is a Howard Johnson that has the best prices or so they say..LOL
Marge

That's the thing, Marge, we don't know where any of the hotels are at. I will do a search and find out which ones are at the north end of town. You are right, the hotel is the most likely place to meet. We can plan anything else from there.

Maybe you can google and find the Chamber of commence to ask about North of town..just a thought.

Thanks Marge, that's a good idea. James has found a good deal at one place. I just need to see if it is easy to find. LOL

The main road north of Wilm. is Rte 17 - Market Street. If you like really good Mexican food the Kiva Grill in Porters Neck (17N towards Jacksonville). Also on Market St. inside city limits is a Carabbas, and a Bone Fish Grill. Military Cutoff Road runs off of 17 and goes past a beautiful new area called MayFaire. There are any no. of restaurants there. There is a Marriott Courtyard near MayFaire at intersection of Eastwood Rd. and Military Cutoff.
Wilmington's a great town - if you could go downtown and eat by the river I recommend Elijah's or The Pilot House. (in case you are wondering, I lived near the city for 14 yrs,).

Back
Top Bottom