NY - New York City (NYC) .. Brother Jimmy's BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
After a LONG day at the Hospital of Special Surgery (my dh Jimmy will be having hip surgery yet to be determined from a wierd injury he sustained back in Dec.)We decided there was no sense in trying to leave the city at 4:30 and sit in traffic.We walked up to 2nd Ave and read menus of many restaurants- not quite sure what we wanted.We came to the front door of Brother Jimmy's BBQ someone came out of the restaurant and so did the delicious aroma of smoky BBQ. We knew immediately this is what we wanted.We started with Carolina Coolers which were ok- (vodka,blue curacoa(sp)and lemonade)but, the best was to follow. We shared.something called Burnts tips which was the ends of BBQ brisket and tried all three ribs offerings-northern-tomato based sauce, southern-vinegar based sauce and dry rub-there was not a bad one in the bunch.The sides were really good too-we chose homemade cole slaw,collards, baked beans and fire fries.We left stuffed and were glad to have to walk back to the hospital for the car. The restaurant is on 2nd Ave near 77th and it was a great find after a LONG day.Love and energy, Vicki

the ends of BBQ brisket and tried all three ribs offerings-northern-tomato based sauce, southern-vinegar based sauce and dry rub-there was not a bad one in the bunch.

You're making me hungry. Haven't had good bbq since New Years!! Sounds like you had a feast!

Oh it certainly was a feast! My husband has lost 30 lbs since December and he said it was too, good to even feel guilty about eating it! I hope you're able to have some good BBQ before next New Year'sLove and energy, Vicki

VickiQ - sending love and energy back to you and your husband!
Thank you-the poor guy is in constant pain -he never complains but, the grimaces on his face when his leg locks tells the whole story. Thanks again for your love and energy that I'm sending right back at ya!!Love and energy, Vicki

Back
Top Bottom