NY - New York City (NYC) .. Gluten Free restaurants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EastWestknives

Assistant Cook
Can anyone recommend some gluten free restaurants in NYC? I've got a date who is a celiac visiting the city and want to find the best places.

I don't know of any but it wouldn't hurt to call ahead when you make reservations and put in an order for a gluten free meal - most restaurants, with advance notice, will be glad to do it.

Can anyone recommend some gluten free restaurants in NYC? I've got a date who is a celiac visiting the city and want to find the best places.

Thai restaurants can be a good option - they usually use rice noodles in stir-fries and rice paper for the spring rolls.

And here are some other options: Gluten-Free Dining in New York City

google0dw.gif

Yeah, I've looked into some Thai Restaurants, and I sometimes get vague answers about whether or not items have soy sauce. And then they assure me that soy sauce doesn't have wheat in it and I know that's probably not the case.... There are some who point out dishes that use fish sauce instead of soy and that has seemed to work for my girlfriend. But it's still a game of Russian Roulette.

Yeah, I've looked into some Thai Restaurants, and I sometimes get vague answers about whether or not items have soy sauce. And then they assure me that soy sauce doesn't have wheat in it and I know that's probably not the case.... There are some who point out dishes that use fish sauce instead of soy and that has seemed to work for my girlfriend. But it's still a game of Russian Roulette.

True. I have a friend with celiac, also. In fact, she grew up in NYC and was there last summer for a reunion; I remember her mentioning doing some research about which restaurants to go to. I'll email her and ask if she remembers what they were.

Back
Top Bottom