POLAND - Baltic Coast or Pomerania?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cara

Master Chef
Has anybody of you ever visited Poland?
We are planning to go in late summer, I would prefer the baltic coast or Pomerania...

Do you have any experiences?

In Kazimireze (I think that is right) DH went to a famous dumpling restaurant (I'm not going to even try and spell that in Polish). Not sure where that is though, 3 hours on the train from Warsaw.

Not much help eh? There is lots of Polish food locally here now as we have a huge new Polish community in my area. There is the most delicious cake which translates as mould cake, its a lot tastier than the name suggests!

there are much of Kazimierzes in Poland ;o)
Could you ask him wich one it was?
Was there nice landscape around, lots of water, locations for photography?

We still don't know where to go exactly...

cara, have fun, and eat well. i've never been to poland, but i can ask some neighbors who grew up there for their advice.

you have no idea how hard it was to resist "invasion" jokes. :cool:

in 2004 my mom paid to send my sister and me on a 3 week organized tour of Eastern Europe. Mom had taken the same tour when it was first offered in the early 90's. We spent 5 days in Warsaw and 4 days in Cracow. I don't remember any water:-p. Cara, you may not be as impressed with European achitecture as I am, but I loved the old churches and buildings. The tour had many local guides so that was fun to. We were on our own for most meals, great cafes, desserts, soups and potato things! I remember the foods in the sidewalk cafes being very inexpensive. Cracow was the best for shopping for amber jewelery. We took several excursions into the countryside, but still no water:cool:. Will you be in any big cities or the countryside?

I'd prefer the area around the baltic sea or Pomerania.. so it is more countyside than cities... want to make Photos of the wildlife there
but maybe Gdansk or Turun (?), they shall be wonderful..

but we haven't fixed anything yet, I'm still waiting for input :)

speaking of Gdnask, I always liked this poster I found in our hotel bar in Warsaw
oh, and I see i was there in 02, not 04, my how time flies:)

Attachments

• Dscf0358 (3).jpg
    Dscf0358 (3).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 193
Back
Top Bottom