Seating arrangements when you go out with your significant other.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's easier to hear and sit close at the bar... And you often get better, more attentive service from a good bartender.

We only had one delicious Bloody Mary but were attended to for two hours...

As a former bartender, I would agree with good service and the same food you would get anywhere else in the restaurant.

I would add one thing to my earlier post. When my wife and I sit side by side, she always has to be on my left. She's a southpaw and I'm a righty, so when she's on my right we are constantly bumping arms.

We sit across from each other if we're out alone. If we're out with others or at home we sit side by side.

We usually sit next to each other...due to lack of family living near us,we always have our little one with us so on the rare occasion it's just the two of us, we sit next to each other to hold hands, have a hand on one another's leg and/or lean in for a quick kiss or hair swipe out of my face <3

Depends. At home, if we're at the table I like to look out the window into the back yard. Depending on whether the oval table is oriented long-ways or short to the back door, I'll either be along side of or across from Himself. I like to look at Himself, but the birds can be more entertaining while chewing. ;)

When out, we sit across from each other no matter if it's a booth or table. Himself really prefers a booth, so I usually let him get his way (it happens so infrequently :LOL: ). I get really excited when the restaurant has the one-side-booth/one-side-chairs arrangement. My main concern out, thought, is that we're not directly under either a HVAC duct or a speaker.

If we eat with his sis and BIL, it depends on table or booth. At a table, we go around the table girl-girl-guy-guy. That way we don't have to talk across each other, since the guys are always talking computers or financial stuff. *yawn* If we're sharing a booth, it's couples side-by-side with the girls across from each other, as are the guys. Again, the talking thing.

I prefer to seat facing entrance. So depending on the place it may be either or...
Not that I believe in "past lives" Charlie, but I'm thinking we each must have been a detective or a cop in a previous life. I always want to see who's coming in the door, too. Just in case, you know.

I'm past the SO days ;), but when I'm dining out with family which almost always includes my sons-in-law, one is a cop and the other is a firefighter - they ALWAYS have to see the entrance. Even when we all are traveling and stay in a hotel, my firefighter SIL scopes out where the stairs and emergency exits are located.

When it's just me and my daughters, they usually like to sit where they can see the entrance, through osmosis from their hubbies. :) If it's a small group of 3 or less, we like booths.

Tonight at dinner SO and I were seated at adjoining sides of a square table. Seemed OK to us.

Being so short and small, I hate booths. I have to sit on the edge through the whole meal, and still my feet do not touch the floor. If I sit way back, they table is beyond my arm's reach. So it is always tables for me. My family is most accommodating. And I have to sit on the outside. I hate the tall table with the tall stools. I cannot get up on the chair without a ladder. I too have to face the door. A Claustrophobia thing. :angel:

Im Claustrophobic too, but strangely , I like facing away from the door. It kinda makes me feel like I'm more alone, and not in such a crowded room. I also hate making eye contact with the server, I leave that up to my wife :) I just keep my head down and eat .

We exclusively eat across from each other.
If we go out with my kids, Ill sit next to my daughter, and my wife sits next to my son. Its like an unwritten rule. occasionally, when we sit differently by accident, we ultimately get up and fix it. Bizarre, but it just feels right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom