Serbia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
On the 8th we fly out to Belgrade pick up the hire car and drive to Krusevac to stay with my wifes relatives,this will be our base, on the 11 my M in L,F in L and Br in L will arrive on the night train from Split Croatia.
I planned to drive to Serbia, about the same distance as our annual trip to Croatia you just head east from Zagreb rather than go south for Hvar.
I was given land as a dowry so I will have to get some legal things set up.
We will be away for a month and I can't wait. I visited Belgrade for two days after the war for different reasons. I found it to be like Belfast, very friendly people.
The food is the best in the Balkans with a lot of BBQ product.
I will post some pics on our return:)

travel safely, have fun (take pics), and return to us with great stories, bolas.
you got land as a dowry? i got an old house that sucks the life outta me. my mil never liked me; thought dw could meet someone more polished.

at least her dad left me his garden, around 12' x 35'.

btw, yes, i meant that both ways. polish and polished. or someone better dressed with less to say. lol.

Thanks mate I will take care, the heat is dropping now Mladic has been sent to the Hague, there is still a % of nationalists who revere the scum but it is now very small. I will take my lead from my F in L Tommo who is a fearless Croatian, my M in L Zagorka is a Serb and wanted to remove Mladic's bolas before he was sent.:ermm:
The Serbs like Tommo because he protected Zagorka through the war in Croatia, can you imagine Tom waking up in your house in Drnis to the explosions of shells from Serb tanks fired from the hills.
The dowry land is a wood and plum, pear and apple orchards that at present are rented to a pig farmer. I agreed yrs ago that as the Dinar is not convertible that he should pay the rent in pigs to Zagorka's 4 S in L, Zags brothers are dead.I am going to eat the rent this year both fresh and the legs they that have been air drying since last year.:)

can i run away with you and your family???
man, tbat sounds great. what do you call prosciutto in croat/serbian?

oh, for the love o'the pig. i'll be in the market in the morning for a california picnic and a couple of boston butts to be smoked for a cub scout picnic on friday.

lol, have you ever heard of those terms for pork shoulder?
the butt is more of the ball and socket joint, the picnic is more towards the shank.

That's fascinating! I pray you have a safe yet memorable journey, and that you enjoy the profits of your land holdings. I'm certain we all look forward to hearing the results of your adventure upon your return!... with photos!

Thank you all, what is going to make this trip double sweet for me is that my wifes best childhood Serbian friend was staying with her in Drnis when the war started Tommo got her safely out of Croatia and all contact was lost.
My kid brother tracked her down via facebook and got her phone number, last weekend I phoned her then called my wife to the phone and said someone wants to speak to you, my wife nearly had a stroke:)
Tom it is called Prsut, Drnis is famous for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom