Subway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Subway is my go-to if I don't pack a lunch. I like that I can choose different kinds of bread, or I can have a salad just the way I like it. :)

Not a lot of Subways around here. There are a lot of local options if I want that type of lunch.

Andy M. said:
Not a lot of Subways around here. There are a lot of local options if I want that type of lunch.

More Subway shops here than there are local shops. I would actually prefer a small sandwich shop, but the places I drive to for work is in the newer part of town, and almost all chain type places to go to. I like sub sandwiches.

We don't have Subway's here. We do have Mc Donalds and KFC though.
I only like Mc Donalds kiddies burgers though, I always order 3 or 4 happy meals and give my kids my toys and fries lol!
Kinda like the skinny road kill patties with gherkins and relish, strange! Can't decide if I love or hate them.
When it comes to take out I prefer thin base pizza with anchovies, olives and mozza or sweet and sour chinese prawns and wonton soup.

You can't go 2 miles without a sub shop around here. Subway, Blimpie's, Casey's, Jimmie John's, several locals. All good.

Dawgluver said:
You can't go 2 miles without a sub shop around here. Subway, Blimpie's, Casey's, Jimmie John's, several locals. All good.

Jimmy johns just came to the Colorado springs area. I ate there once. I will say, they really are fast at getting the food out!

Lots of Subway here. We have Jersey Mike's and Jimmy John's too. We prefer Jersey Mike's and Jimmy John's, better meat and better breads. Subway does give an excellent consistent experience when traveling.

We were really impressed with Casey's sub (a gas station, maybe midwest franchise, they're all over around here) on a run out of town. Got a massive sub for under $5, very fresh and tasty. Friends were enamoured with their pizza, which I thought was meh.

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
They are a fun place to eat and a whole sandwich is good for two meals.

Menu looks yummy!

Last edited:
Subway upsets my stomach each and every time I eat there. Not badly, but enough that I have learned that that is not the place for me. I don't know if it is the cold cuts, or something they put on their veggies, but it is definitely something.

We have a Casey's here--I eat their pizza several times a week, either for breakfast (egg, cheese, sausage, bacon) or for lunch. Choices are limited in this small town. :)

I would go to Subways if my choice was McD or Subway. I quit eating there a while back. It was really weird. The smell of their bread baking was awful. That really put me off. They seem to have changed the recipe on their bread, because it doesn't stink while baking any more, but I still don't eat there.

If I want a sub I much prefer a local chain: Dagwoods. I have a soft spot for them because they opened their very first restaurant a block from here and they have always offered wholewheat bread. The sandwiches are pretty darned good too.

At least with Subway, you don't have to wonder about the meat. It's all turkey. Turkey ham, turkey salami, turkey turkey, turkey bacon, and probably turkey meatballs. If they could figure out how to make bread out of turkeys, they'd probably do that, too, and I'm not sure the tuna isn't turkey.

We too enjoy Subway!

It gives a healthier option in my opinion and I like how you can choose exactly what you would like to go in your rolls...also..the cookies they sell are to die for :yum:

I. Love subway I love the cheese and herb bread mmm yummy

GLC said:
At least with Subway, you don't have to wonder about the meat. It's all turkey. Turkey ham, turkey salami, turkey turkey, turkey bacon, and probably turkey meatballs. If they could figure out how to make bread out of turkeys, they'd probably do that, too, and I'm not sure the tuna isn't turkey.

I usually get the chicken and as far as I know it's chicken and not turkey.

Back
Top Bottom