TN - Bartlett ... Side Porch Steak House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FraidKnot

Washing Up
Skillet might appreciate this one and may be familiar with the place! :)

I had no idea this restaurant was still there! I haven't been there since the mid 1970's. It's located on Stage Road in Bartlett, TN. I couldn't quite believe the Google listing wasn't out of date so I called... sure enough, they are still there!

I remember it as an unpretentious but wonderful little place. They just serve good steaks, baked potatoes, maybe fries (I don't recall), simple salads. They are still located in the same old place. And I think it must be a family-owned restaurant since when I called they told me they are closed December 23rd through the 25th for the holidays. What restaurant does that?! Family-owned, Mom & Pop type places, that's who. I really like this kind of place.

Hopefully I'll be paying it a visit again on the 20th next week and taking my LLL (long lost love) with me. John will be here for a few days next week. His 90 year old mother had a stroke and he can't be away for too long but he flew to NY today to deal with issues involving her house and he's driving her car back down south.

Since we both adore good steaks this sounds like a great time to revisit Side Porch Steak House! :)

Fraidy

Back
Top Bottom