Top 10 (or so) roadfood in the US?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First things first. Welcome to DC. A fun place to be.

Is this for an assignment? Or are you planning a cross country trip? :angel:

Addie, thanks for the reply and the kind welcome.

A buddy and I are (tentatively) planning a cross-country trip next year, and we have not settled on an itinerary yet. We love food, so roadfood joints could influence our direction.

Addie, thanks for the reply and the kind welcome.

A buddy and I are (tentatively) planning a cross-country trip next year, and we have not settled on an itinerary yet. We love food, so roadfood joints could influence our direction.

Since we have members located all over this country, I am sure you will get some interesting replies. I don't travel or drive so I am of no help to you. Good luck. Be patient. Most folks here are on line at night. :angel:

Check out the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives page on the Food Network site. There should be a list of visited spots from the TV show.

Bring me some deli when you get to Cali. We don't have much in the way of that here.

We do have great Mexican food though. We have a chain called Super Taqueria that is just that.Authentic taqueria! Not fancy at all, but cheap and good burritos and tacos.

If you make it to San Jose you should eat at House of Pizza.They have been in business since 1950 and make great pizza along with Steak sandwiches to die for. Full bar and a crowd of regulars. Again, Not fancy but a San Jose institution.

We're planning to travel from the northeast to California.

According to CD, a must stop (flat tire aside) is the Dew Drop Inn bar and grill, just outside Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday night. Just watch out for some feller with green teeth and remember to tip your hat to that lady son!:ROFLMAO:

What is your planned route? If you don't hit Nawlins, Kansas City, Memphis, Savannah, Miami and many other cities known for their cuisine, than asking for a "top ten" is rediculus!:ermm: Don't forget Texas, Alabama and parts in between. Darn, your question has no real answer.

Last edited:
According to CD, a must stop (flat tire aside) is the Dew Drop Inn bar and grill, just outside Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday night. Just watch out for some feller with green teeth and remember to tip your hat to that lady son!:ROFLMAO:

What is your planned route? If you don't hit Nawlins, Kansas City, Memphis, Savannah, Miami and many other cities known for their cuisine, than asking for a "top ten" is rediculus!:ermm: Don't forget Texas, Alabama and parts in between. Darn, your question has no real answer.

Thanks for recommending the Dew Drop Inn.

We don't have a planned route yet, although we're inclined to take a southern route.

It seems highly likely that we'll hit some of the cities you mentioned. At least, I hope we do.

CraigC, what is 'CD'?

thx

Tripadvisor ratings for this restaurant are all over the map.

Maybe the 'burnt ends' are wonderful and some other dishes there aren't?
Or maybe people just have differing opinions. Everything I've had there has been excellent, and lines are usually out the door.

If you don't want opinions here, maybe you should just stick with Trip Advisor. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'd go with Steve over TA, and I'm a member. Don't trust all you see on TA. And burnt ends are fantastic! :yum:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom