VT - Manchester

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
This past weekend Jimmy and I decided on the spur of the moment take Angel to Manchester.(Dennis' future in-laws offered us their condo for the weekend)Let me tell you- you could probably stay there a month and not hit the same restaurant twice!!!It is a quaint town where outlet shops are incorporated into the store fronts keeping the hometown atmosphere.There are Gourmet eateries to casual taverns and diners.We didn't have a meal we didn't like!!:rolleyes: )We were also lucky enough to have a little bit of snow to add to the holiday atmosphere.Angel wanted to run amd romp but, we couldn't let her due to a shoulder injury she sustained running in our backyard a week ago.We did take her on a couple of lazy carefree walks though.We also spent an afternoon with a bottle of wine and Vermont cheeses and crackers and watching Christmas movies.I wish I could give you all the peaceful and relaxing time we had for Christmas-if only for just a day- this holiday season.
With much love and energy, Vicki
PS I'm sorry I haven't been around much.There were a lot of things going on here that were not so pleasant ,but, things are brightening up :rolleyes:

vicki, we love manchester. got married there, on mt. equinox, during the leaf peeping season. stayed at the manchester view: Manchester Vermont lodging, AAA 3 Diamond Rating Lodging Accommodations - Manchester View Fine Lodging - Manchester Center, Vermont.

you're quite right about the restaurants. i remember eating at "the perfect wife" The Perfect Wife Restaurant and Tavern - Manchester, Vermont , and "le bistro henry" Vermont Restaurant Vermont Dining Mediterranean French Italian Cuisine - Bistro Henry Restaurant® - Manchester Center, Vermont

both were top notch, food and ambience-wise.

i hope to go back this winter for skiing, or in the spring for canoeing and fly fishing.

glad you enjoyed your stay. the next time you go, if you should need a skiing or fishing guide, or a private concierge, or just a food taster, lemme know. :)

Lou and I are going to Manchester on Thursday. Every year the Equinox Resort holds a champagne tasting party in their main ballroom. It's just a hair under being a black tie affair. Very dressy, and extremely popular. This is the 6th year we are going. There are anywhere from 20-30 champagnes to taste and food like you were at the white house. Truly a decadent affair.

They've got a new chef this year so I am quite excited to see what changes he's made.

The shopping in the area isn't too bad, either:rolleyes:

Buckytom -We had dinner at The Perfect Wife Tavern our first night there.I guess Jimmy thought he was funny when he said "I'm taking my near perfect wife to The Perfect Wife for dinner"-:rolleyes: The townhouse is actually in Manchester Center not to far off of Depot St.We also had breakfast at Up for breakfast and they certainly had a different menu.Stuffed french toast with lingonberries and marscopone.It was great.Jimmy had also had wild turkey and boar sausage-a little too gamey for my taste. We had stopped at Zoey's deli to get sandwiches anad Jimmy was in heaven with the VERY generous bag of homemade potato chips come with it! The whole town is enchanting and the food offerings just as to the charm. Our friends do rent out the townhouse-we were lucky that the weekend was available.As for you being a guide,ect.,it would be nice just to have you along as a friend!!!:) The townhouse has 3 bedrooms and a loft-plenty of room for EVERYBODY!!!

VeraBlue-The Equinox is beautiful and if I didn't insist on bringing Angel with us just about everywhere that's probably a place we would have stayed in.It is very elegant-I would have loved to ventured inside but, we were short on time.I hope you have a GREAT time.It sounds like alot of fun.
Love and energy, Vicki

Manchester Dining

The "perfect wife" is a great spot. Living in the manchester area for a couple of years, I visited this restaurant on many occasion. Great food, entertainment, and service. Their are many great options in the area. Take a look at a couple video tours of the area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom