A Summer Favorite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Pasta salad has become a staple here with my gang during the summer,We also are very fond of qrilled shrimp so here is one we make often changing the protein now and then from shrimp to chicken to steak.
We cook about 12 or so oz. of orzo in chix broth..to this we add 3 cups or grape tomatoes halved,3 ears of grilled corn kernels removed. We make a vinaigrette of 1/4c.toasted sesame oil,3 tab. peanut oil,1/4c. rice vinegar, more if you like,the juice of one fresh lime,1/2 tea. sugar, kosher salt,cracked black pepper, pinch of cayenne (optional) I forgo it,1 Tab. shredded Thai basil or just reg. basil,3 Tab. leaves of cilantro more if you want, and 3-4 tab. of torn mint several tab. toasted sesame seeds. some torn fresh parsley is good in here too.After making your dressing I just toss the whole thing together..I make sure to take it out of the refrigerator at least a half hour before serving..I then put on a platter and put the grilled whrimp around the outer edge,
I marinate the shrimp about 20 min in some sesame oil,crushed garlicsalt and pepper..enjoy
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom