Arugula and parm salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I love the slight pepperiness of arugula..It seems to liven up chicken or makes a panini just a little special..This salad is easy, quick, and is a favorite.
I use at least 6 bunches when I make this for my gang. But for 4 people this is fine,
2 bunch of arugula,I rinse several times then wrap in a dish towel to dry, when dry i break of the very ends. Mix, 3-T evoo, about 2 tea. balsamic or more if you want,salt and fresh ground pepper, mix well then pour over the salad, shave or grate some parm over the top of the salad..Here I also add another grate or two of fresh ground pepper (coarse grind) I just put this into a large single salad bowl, but it also is pretty when you do individual servings, when I do individuals, I gussie it up a little as it's usualy for lunch so there is some avocado, a grape tomatoe or 3, if i have left over polenta, I cut it cruton size and then fry it in butter and put it on the salad warm or it can be made into a fried round with the salad on top.Just make sure you try it warm the first time:LOL:
enjoy,
kadesma

I've had this at restaurants before - this sounds awesome, thanks for posting. I also LUV arugula. I love the nutty taste of it.

Toots said:
I've had this at restaurants before - this sounds awesome, thanks for posting. I also LUV arugula. I love the nutty taste of it.
Thanks Toots,
I've never had it at a restaurant,the first time I had it was at my m-i-l's
and she showed me how she did it. Then only thing I do different is the vinegar, she used red wine and I use balsamic..
kadesma:)

I've grown arugula in my garden several times, and I like it too, especially in a mixed spring greens salad. Your salad sounds delicious, Kadesma.
I can't wait for spring!

Constance said:
I've grown arugula in my garden several times, and I like it too, especially in a mixed spring greens salad. Your salad sounds delicious, Kadesma.
I can't wait for spring!
Hi Connie and thanks:)
I have a garden each year, but the summers here are usually so warm that lettuce bolts in no time. I'd like to try some arugula, do you think i can get away with it if I put it where it will get morning sun and afternoon shade?
kadesma

kadesma said:
I'd like to try some arugula, do you think i can get away with it if I put it where it will get morning sun and afternoon shade?
kadesma
I'm definitely no expert but it doesn't hurt to try. :cool:

You always post the most delicious sounding salads!

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
I'm definitely no expert but it doesn't hurt to try. :cool:

You always post the most delicious sounding salads!

:) Barbara
Thanks Barb,
I am going to put some arugula in pretty soon. We have salad every sunday as well as during the week, so, I dig around and try to remember things I had as a kid or my grandparents made and make them myself. This one with the arugula, dh's mom use to make on sundays for her boys! The only thing I changed was they type of vinegar.

I'm extremely fortunate to havea Farmer's Market close to home,where they always have fresh arugula. So I don't need to plant any.
And I agree - the peppery flavour is very special. I love it with goat cheese. It's also wonderful with beetroot.

cliveb said:
I'm extremely fortunate to havea Farmer's Market close to home,where they always have fresh arugula. So I don't need to plant any.
And I agree - the peppery flavour is very special. I love it with goat cheese. It's also wonderful with beetroot.
Hi Clive,
We have a Farmers Market here during the spring and summer..But as I'm fortunate enough to live on 8-1/2 acres I love to grow as much of the things I love as I can. I picked this up from my dad years ago and we use to plant wonderful gardens out back each year. I don't plant as much now as I do it all by myself now, but it's a kind of remember dad thing for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom