Breezy Red, White, & Blue Potato Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...uh oh...I have an urgent question and here it is 11:30pm...wake up everybody...i need some help. I've been growing terragon all summer but haven't yet used it until now. I'm right in the middle of making this potato salad...so far it's amazing...but I just went out to my garden in the dark, picked the terragon, washed it, smelled it, smelled like licorice so I tasted it, and......I could swear it tastes like anise....you know, licorice...does terragon taste like that to anyone? Did I get a plant from Lowes that had the wrong tag? I haven't put the "terragon" in yet...thought I'd ask you all first.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I can just picture you outside in your pink flip flops, in the dark, picking tarragon, thinking you grew black licorice instead... You crack me up... I'm so going to make this recipe, it sounds awesome... I think i'll add a little bacon to mine and hard boiled egg... Happy 4th Everyone... :):):)

Attachments

• redwhiteblue-potatosalad.jpg
    redwhiteblue-potatosalad.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 188
I peeled the blue potatoes because the skin on them is kinda' drab compared to the insides. I also picked bags that had mostly blue potatoes in them and then I went to the sale bin of regular red potatoes (.99 per lb) and picked out the smallest ones...the red skins on those were brighter than the fingerling ones. But some of the fingerling ones had an interesting pink tone inside. (I tripled the recipe)

I wonder, if you put a little vinegar in the water when you boil the potatoes, if that might enhance the colors....kind of like the easter-egg-dying concept

I peeled the blue potatoes because the skin on them is kinda' drab compared to the insides. I also picked bags that had mostly blue potatoes in them and then I went to the sale bin of regular red potatoes (.99 per lb) and picked out the smallest ones...the red skins on those were brighter than the fingerling ones. But some of the fingerling ones had an interesting pink tone inside. (I tripled the recipe)

I wonder, if you put a little vinegar in the water when you boil the potatoes, if that might enhance the colors....kind of like the easter-egg-dying concept

Have you tasted the blue potatos? they leave a mild sweet taste in your mouth. I just love them. Ethan had some last night he was here with his dad helping Pa irrigate and little kids usually don't care for potato salad. This kid who says he's my taste tester, said Breezy ya did good:LOL:
kades

Personally, I think the bacon would overpower the tarragon in this recipe. I like bacon in potato salad, but not this one.

Personally, I think the bacon would overpower the tarragon in this recipe. I like bacon in potato salad, but not this one.
Maybe pancetta would work but this is the best potato salad i've ever made So I wont mess with it, It stays as it is.
kades

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom