Cole Slaw..Using Sugar Substitute?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Can Sweet & Low be used as a substitute when making coleslaw?

Thank you
Munky.

That was a quick reply.. Thank you..
I don't know how to use that stuff. Is the use of it less or more?

Munky.

Munky I use truvia, I like the flavor better than sweet n low, or splenda... Anywho 1 packet is equivalent to 2 tsps of sugar... :):):)

That was a quick reply.. Thank you..
I don't know how to use that stuff. Is the use of it less or more?

Munky.
I'd google it, but I can tell you I would use less. That stuff and I don't care what kind of sweetner it is, all are way sweeter than regular sugar. So I'd say taste and then add if more if needed.
kadesma

Here's a low carb cole slaw recipe I make for SO and me. She's following a low carb regimen. The recipe uses Equal in place of sugar. It's good enough that I'll eat it and I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners.

LOW-CARB COLE SLAW

1 Lb Cole Slaw Mix, bagged
½ C Mayonnaise
½ C Sour Cream
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Prepared Mustard
½ tsp Salt
1 pkt Equal
½ tsp Celery Seeds

Place the slaw mix in a 2-quart bowl.

Separately combine the remaining ingredients and add the mixture to the cole slaw mix.

Toss to combine and refrigerate for a couple of hours to overnight to allow flavors to blend.

Serve cold.

And it's done. Hubby left for work kind of miffed that I wouldn't let him take some in his lunch..Awwww.. LOL!

Andy, I used your recipe. Nice sauce! Can't wait to have some tomorrow with some smoked chicken.

Thank you everyone for the input. It's most appreciated :)

Munky.

And it's done. Hubby left for work kind of miffed that I wouldn't let him take some in his lunch..Awwww.. LOL!

Andy, I used your recipe. Nice sauce! Can't wait to have some tomorrow with some smoked chicken.

Thank you everyone for the input. It's most appreciated :)

Munky.

Glad you liked it.

Try using agave in place of artificial sweetners, those things are in a bad way. And agave is do-able for diabetics as well.

When my husband/we switched from white table sugar and moved over to agave, all his stomach problems went away. Who knew it was that easy.

I've been using pure stevia in cole slaw for years. No one has ever thought it wasn't regular sugar used in the cole slaw dressing!

Looks like I need to do some homework. Pro's and con's of them all.
I've made several batches of Andy's Slaw. With Sweet & Low and without. I couldn't tell the difference either way.

What I will say is that it's a keeper. My husband looks forward to having it packed in his lunch.
After working so hard to get his Father's Day Ribs smoked and done on time. He had to work. He asked "Did you remember to make that great slaw to go with it?" Forget that I got up early knocked myself out to make ribs! The man wanted that slaw! :LOL::LOL:

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom