Curried Chicken Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Dressing:
1/2 cup Olive Oil Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Teaspoons Rice or White Wine Vinegar (Apple Cider Vinegar works, too)
1/2 Teaspoon of your favorite Curry Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Fine Ground Black Pepper (use white if it pleases you)
1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne (taste first add more if you would like it spicier)
This dressing is quite sharp when you first taste it, it needs overnight with the chicken to taste the best.

Salad:
2 cups Diced Chicken (I used the breast from a rotisserie chicken)
1/2 cup diced Celery
2 Tablespoons minced Parsley
3 thin sliced green onions with some of the green tops
2/3 cup Craisins or Dried Cranberries
1/3 cup chopped Nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds)

Mix this all together in a bowl and stir in the dressing. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

To Serve:
1 - 2 cups Spinach on the plate, top with your favorite tomatoes, carrots, sweet peppers, olives etc and 3/4 cup of the Curried Chicken Salad.

The next time I fix this I am going to double the dressing, it was a bit dry with the spinach.

I was able to get three lunches out of this.

Sounds delish, PF. I like halved green grapes in my chicken salad and they are on sale in my grocery right now.

Grapes would be great, I chose Craisins because I had just bought a huge bag of them from Costco! The original recipe had no sweet component.

Thanks! I adapted it from a recipe from The New American Heart Association Cookbook, 8th Edition.

This sounds wonderful. At first I thought it was olive oil, not olive oil mayo. That would be an odd version.

Last edited:
The recipe actually called for "Light" mayo, which lowers the fat content by replacing it with carbs...I like the olive oil swap better.

Back
Top Bottom