Egg Free Mayonnaise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup oil Your favorite neutral flavored oil
1/4 cup Aquafaba Liquid from cooking chickpeas
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice Or vinegar
Vegan Mayo
INSTRUCTIONS
Add all ingredients into a tall container
Use an immersion blender and blend until everything comes together.
Place into the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Simple Vegan / Egg Free Mayo
I hope you don't mind, Powerplantop, but I've passed your recipe to a vegan friend who hasn't found a commercial mayo substitute she can live with. She told me to say "Thank you".

Last edited:
Did you misunderstand the recipe? The last item on the ingredient list is "1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice Or vinegar", not "Vegan Mayo". It would have been more clear with a line or a blank line between them. "Vegan Mayo" is the header for the instructions.

1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice Or vinegar
~~~~~~~~~~~
Vegan Mayo
INSTRUCTIONS
Add all ingredients into a tall container ...
That explains it. I guess my first hint should have been that there’s no amount for “Vegan Mayo,” and it’s capitalized. You must admit though that it does look as though the title is part of the recipe! Thanks for clarifying.

That explains it. I guess my first hint should have been that there’s no amount for “Vegan Mayo,” and it’s capitalized. You must admit though that it does look as though the title is part of the recipe! Thanks for clarifying.
I read it that way at first too. ;)

I hope you don't mind, Powerplantop, but I've passed your recipe to a vegan friend who hasn't found a commercial mayo substitute she can live with. She told me to say "Thank you".

Thank you for passing to her and she is very welcome.

Here we have a brand called JUST that is really good.

What can I use instead of immersion blender? Food processor or mixer?
Either I would think. I use a hand-held mixer to make "real" mayonnaise but I know people who use the processor or even a liquidiser. As they say "you pays your money and you makes your choice".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom