German Potato Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK. Nowhere is it written that every new person needs to be welcomed for asking a question. Sometimes they just want their question answered, and maybe they don't want to become a participating member. Some of them are also spammers as one was today. If you want to welcome them, that's nice, but certainly not necessary. The DC website is pretty straight forward, if a new person wants to introduce him/herself, it's an easy thing to do as we have an introduction forum. Even I was able to figure it out when I first got here!
It seems to me, when I joined, I joined looking for help with a recipe. I stuck around thanks to the warm welcome and the interesting posts, but the welcome message didn't indicate I had to stick around. You guys got stuck with me because of the warm welcome (and, if I remember, I was either looking for the pickled eggplant salad recipe, orange breakfast rolls or Sailor's Stew...still looking for that orange breakfast roll recipe...the other two took time to figure out--thanks to Whiska and CharlieD).:)

Kinda like saying "we have an app for that"! :cool:

When I first joined, I only posted my question. Later that day/next day, I got a PM from a mod welcoming me and inviting me to tell a little about myself in the New Members forum. I would guess that is still the policy? It was a nice welcome then, I did the intro thing, and now you guys can't get rid of me! :LOL:

When I think of it, I'll check for new members over in that same forum. Usually I don't remember. I also check for birthdays. Sometimes I catch them, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I remember late, but better late than never, right?

I am not trying to be the Welcome Committee Police. I just think it is a nice thing to do for new members. All I am asking is for our long time members please take two seconds and notice if the poster is a new member. If it is so, then please give them the same warm welcome I got when I first joined. I also have received many lovely birthday wishes. Now before you all jump on me for that, what you do with birthdays is up to you. Some folks don't want to be reminded of the fact that they are getting up there in years.

Believe me there are a lot of forums that can get really nasty. You join and before you know it, you are in the middle of a nasty verbal brawl because your opinion is different from probably one member. You leave that forum real quick.

But DC is so different. This is a friendly place. We have a great Moderator team. And they do stay on top of what we post. For that I say "Thank You." :angel:

Back
Top Bottom