Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicholas Mosher

Sous Chef
Mmmmm...
Played around with this and managed to get good results rather quick.
(Which is amazing given how picky I am!).
I've never quite had the dressing 100% until now (to my tastes that is).

I started off with the classic Tijuana recipe, making the dressing "on" the salad using the classic ingredients, then made a few modifications in the preparation style. I was suprised to find out how simple this recipe really is, and that a prepared sauce (Worcestershire) was used originally (which is why so many recipes include anchovy paste and a bit of citrus zest).

Grilling the chicken over charcoal adds such a great flavor compared to gas...

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

1 Head of Romaine
1 Chicken Breast - Grilled & Diced
1-C Garlic Croutons (Homemade!)

1/4-C Light Olive Oil or Canola Oil
1-T Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2-t Worcestershire Sauce
2 Egg Yolks
3-T Finely Grated/Ground Parmesean Cheese
Freshly Ground Black Pepper - To Taste
Kosher Salt - To Taste

Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, and egg yolks, then whick in the cheese, salt, and pepper. Set aside

Remove the delicate outter leaves of the Romaine, and trim the end. Cut the head crosswise into fourths, and pull the pieces apart (not traditional, but I like it this way!). Add the lettuce, to the dressing and toss well. Add the diced chicken and croutons and toss again. Mound a big heap in a low-bowl and top with some shaved parmesean and freshly ground black pepper.

-----

I was hesitant at cutting out the ground anchovies and garlic, but the classic ingredients really do whoop butt. Use pasteurized egg yolks if that part makes you nervous. The lecithin in them is required to bring the dressing together though, and the creaminess they bring to the dressing is unique. :pig:

I marinated the chicken for 12hrs in the following...
1/2-C Canola Oil
1/4-C Fresh Lemon Juice
1-T Worcestershire Sauce
1-T Coarsely Ground Black Peppercorns
Pinch of Kosher Salt

(Grill over Charcoal or in a Wood Oven! The flavor is unbeatable!).

Thanks for sharing! Your dressing sounds good! I have a Caesar Dressing that I adore and constantly crave. It does have eggs and anchovies in it tho. I'm definately going to try your chicken marinade!

Back
Top Bottom