ISO ColeSlaw Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barloki

Assistant Cook
Looking for a ColeSlaw Recipe

Hello All~ This is my first post here... Just checking to see if anyone has heard of this coleslaw recipe, I found it online late December (made it for Boxing Day) I have since lost it; it has cabbage, carrots, poppy seed, vinegar, sugar... - You heat the vinegar, sugar mixture and pour over the cabbage mixture... and chill. The longer this coleslaw marinated the better the taste was - was great up to 10 days later.

Has anyone heard of this recipe?

Thanks!!
Barloki

Hi, Barloki. Welcome to DC.

I'm not familiar with that coleslaw recipe, but it sounds yummy. Have you tried to search our site for the recipe or one similar? Just go to the top of the page under the site name, look on the blue bar and click on "search." Type in whatever you wish. Maybe you'll find what you're looking for. Of course, there's always good old Google.:)

I use one very close -
Head shredded cabbage
1 med. onion grated
diced grn. pepper
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. celery seed
1 T dry mustard

We love this and it keeps a long time, better each day !

Welcome to DC, enjoy a great forum !

Welcome to DC Barloki...Many, not all, slaw dressings call for mayo. For my personal taste, I like to subsitute some of the mayo with either buttermilk or sour cream or both. It can add addtional layers of flavor. Anyway just someting to think about as you develope your own slaw dressing. Good luck and Welcome again to DC !!

Enjoy!!

Yes, I have looked on this site, google, and Allrecipes for this recipe. This recipe was a hit mainly because there was not any dairy it it. I will play a bit with the recipe that Barb L posted... Thanks All!!

I have to be honest... I really like the coleslaw flavoring
package mix found in most produce sections of the
grocery store. It's sweet and tangy and easy. :)

This is our all time favorite at our house.

Sweet Fruit Slaw

1 medium head green cabbage (about 2 pounds), shredded
1 1/4 cups raisins
1 1/4 cups drained canned pineapple tidbits
1 cup diced red apple
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Combine first 4 ingredients. Mix mayonaise and sugar until well blended. Combine with cabbage mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to combine flavors.
Enjoy!

The thing is you have two different slaws here. One is vinegar slaw the other is cream slaw. Both delicious. The vinegar slaw recipe above is pretty good, although i leave out the mustard.

Just vinegar, water, sugar, celery seed with the cabbage.

for cream slaw here is the recipe I use. --I eye ball it so measurements aren't there.
Shreaded cabbage, sprinkle liberally with sugar--this needs to set for at least 15 minutes. I don't know why but if you don't do this it won't taste right.

Add to the above mixture Mircle Whip--okay quit gasping, it's sweeter than mayo... Now add just a little milk to that and sprinkle in celery seeds. Yummy...

Back
Top Bottom