Looking for chicken Caesar salad recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
need to make a dish for my picky, picky daughter, coming sunday for a bday lunch. was going to make spaghetti but that doesn't appeal at all in this heat wave. so who can help me out with a recipe. need the classic. googled and so many weird ones. :chef:

babe,
I make a caesar without anchovies for my son in law when done I take the meat from a roasted and seasoned chicken take off the skin snd shred over the top of the chicken. I then put anchovy of mine:LOL: Here is my recipe
1 or two heads of romaine broken into pieces.and 2 heads of bibb I use some pasturized egg white like I use for breakfast it should equal one egg garlic powder about a tea. 3tab. of sour cream pepper 3 Tab. evoo 1 tea wine vinegar 1 cup of large crutons 1/2 c parmesan cheese or you can shave some parm on top mix everything and enjoy. This isn't traditional but it is good.
Happy birthday to your daughter
kades

I cheat babetoo.

Salad:
1 head romaine lettuce cut or shredded, tossed with dressing and TONS of bacon bits and parmesan cheese.

Dressing:
1/4 cup bacon ranch or creamy caesar dressing (no egg needed this way)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1.5 tsp dry mustard
2 cloves of garlic (minced or smushed, your choice)
1/2 cup olive oil

I put all this in a jar and shake the heck out of it and set it aside til I'm done the other stuff.

I take about 3-5 chicken breasts (depending on size and how many to eat) and sprinkle them with lemon pepper and fry them. Then cut up the breasts and let folks add however much they like to their salads. I've also done the breasts with teriyaki sauce but we prefer the lemon pepper.

This is lovely served with warmed tortillas too. You can make wraps with it. Its a favorite dinner in our house.

Sounds perfect for my gang Alix. Will give it a try this weekend along with a potato salad and fried cubanelle peppers. Thanks for sharing
kades:)

My pleasure kadesma. Its flattering to know that you will try one of MY recipes! I've tried so many of yours!

One of my favorite Naked Chef recipes. I make this often. I just love the trip of boiling up the garlic cloves with the pasta, and then just squeezing them out of their skins and adding them mashed to the dressing

311.84 g small shell pasta
3.00 cloves garlic
255.15 g yellow cherry tomatoes
255.15 g cherry tomatoes
118.30 ml black olives, pitted
29.58 ml fresh chives
59.15 ml fresh basil
1.00 medium cucumber
59.16 ml white wine vinegar
103.53 ml extra virgin olive oil
sea salt
fresh ground black pepper

Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
Throw in the pasta and garlic and simmer for about 5 minutes or until al dente, and drain.
Put the garlic to one side for the dressing.
Put the pasta in a bowl.
Chop the tomatoes, olives, chives, basil and cucumber into pieces about half the size of the pasta and add to the bowl.
Squash the garlic cloves out of their skins and pound in a pestle and mortar.
Add the vinegar, oil and seasoning.
Drizzle this over the salad, adding a little more seasoning to taste.

The classic Caesar is quite different than modern-day interpretations that most people enjoy. At some point in time the dominant flavors found in the traditional worcestershire sauce (anchovy and garlic) saw direct use and whats-that-here sauce saw a decline in use. Also, the dressing that forms on the romaine by tossing egg yolk, lemon juice, and olive oil was divorced from the greens and constructed on the side. Personally, I like the dressing made on the side - as you have better control over it's outcome given variances in lemon acidity, yolk size, and moisture. Essentially it's a thinned mayo flavored with garlic (paste), anchovy (paste), lemon, black pepper, and parmesan (which I add both to the dressing and atop the salad in different forms). I also use a touch of dijon. I've tasted Caesars made with all sorts of oil, and I think Olive Oil tastes terrible in a Caesar. Personally, I prefer a neutral flavored oil such as Canola.

I love it with charcoal-grilled butterflied chicken breasts that are marinated in a bit of lemon juice, dijon, garlic, black pepper, and neutral-flavored oil.

While I used to make lots of garlicky croutons to toss with it, my fiancee doesn't like the crunch as much and asked me to make a garlic bread instead. I was hesitant, but after trying it with charcoal-grilled slices of fresh bread brushed with garlic butter I'll never go back!

Personally I've actually grown apart from the "Caesar" flavors and piles of Romaine. Caesar dressing also pairs very well with fresh tomatoes and bacon. Whenever I'm craving Caesar flavors I now make a Caesar BLT. It features the above garlic toast brushed with a Caesar mayo and filled with lettuces, thinly sliced tomato, and crispy bacon. I even use a tablespoon or so of the rendered bacon fat to make the mayo... :pig: It's my favorite sandwich next to a great burger.

311.84 g small shell pasta
3.00 cloves garlic
255.15 g yellow cherry tomatoes
255.15 g cherry tomatoes
118.30 ml black olives, pitted
29.58 ml fresh chives
59.15 ml fresh basil
1.00 medium cucumber
59.16 ml white wine vinegar
103.53 ml extra virgin olive oil
sea salt
fresh ground black pepper...

I don't think I've ever seen recipe amounts in hundredths of a gram. Do you use a laboratory scale to measure them? By comparison, the unquantified salt and pepper amounts seem irresponsible.

Back
Top Bottom