Low Carb Cole Slaw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Here you go Alix. I found this really tasty. No real indication that it's a low anything recipe.

LOW-CARB COLE SLAW

½ C Mayonnaise
½ C Sour Cream
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Prepared Mustard
½ tsp Salt
1 pkt Equal
¼ tsp Celery Seeds
1 Lb Cole Slaw Mix, bagged

Combine the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.

Add the cole slaw mix.

Toss to combine and refrigerate for a couple of hours to overnight to allow flavors to blend.

Serve cold.

Andy, I am confused. I never thought of cole slaw as being a high carb food. What would you put in a slaw that would make it high carb? :angel:

I know fruits and some veggies have natural sugars. But Andy's recipe didn't list any of them. It was pretty much just a straight forward slaw. :angel:
Yup. I was just answering your question about what carbs might be in coleslaw.

Yup. I was just answering your question about what carbs might be in coleslaw.

I understand. Thank you. I love fresh fruit, and have to control how much I eat at one sitting. I could sit in the produce section and pig out all day on fresh fruit. Peaches and fresh vine ripened tomatoes are my absolute favorite.

One year when I was working the fair with my 4-H kids, I went into the produce barn and the trucks were just pulling up with their goodies. A peach farmer was unloading and gave me two huge peaches still warm from the sun. One for each hand. They had just been picked less than an hour before. I bit into the first one and the juice was running down my arm. After I ate both of them I brought back the pits and asked if I could trade them in for more. He laughed and gave me four that time. I can still taste those peaches. And my arms are still sticky with peach juice. :angel:

...I bit into the first one and the juice was running down my arm. After I ate both of them I brought back the pits and asked if I could trade them in for more. He laughed and gave me four that time. I can still taste those peaches. And my arms are still sticky with peach juice. :angel:

I remember when peaches were like that - soft and exploding with juices. You can't find that anymore. Now peaches are as hard as or harder than apples with no juice.

I remember when peaches were like that - soft and exploding with juices. You can't find that anymore. Now peaches are as hard as or harder than apples with no juice.

I know. I am still looking to repeat that experience. :angel:

It balances the other seasonings in the dressing, although my version uses more cider vinegar. With 1 lb. of shredded cabbage and carrots, it won't taste sweet.

Back
Top Bottom