Mushroom/Parm Salad TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
All the veggies in this sald really have to be sliced paper thin, I use a mandoline for slicing them. use 12 oz. white mushrooms,2 tender inner stalk of celery, 2 med carrots, all must be paper thin. Toss altogether on a platter. Whisk together 2/3 cup evoo 2-3 tab. fresh lemon juice salt and pepper Pour over the veggies toss season with more salt and pepper if needed, shave parmigiano over the top serve right away. You can use a grana padano, or a mild pecorino or even an emmenthal if you want. All are great on this salad. You also can sub a wild mushroom of choice for the white buttons.
enjoy
kadesma

Do you ever marinate sliced mushrooms in the Italian dressing and spoon over the greens? Add some canned artichoke hearts too, if you want.

Do you ever marinate sliced mushrooms in the Italian dressing and spoon over the greens? Add some canned artichoke hearts too, if you want.
Yes to the mushrooms, most of the time artichokes are hot with butter and evoo,fresh parsley, chopped, 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic salt and pepper. This is made every holiday and birthday m-i-l use to make them and I'm carrying on the tradition:LOL: Oh I use either fresh or frozen artichokes.
kades

popped in to see what's cooking today and saw this salad recipe.
since I have so many mushrooms sliced and one huge portabello, + I have the carrots and celery too.
sounds good to me and very best if it's let to sit and marry for the day.
thanks for recipe Kades..........

popped in to see what's cooking today and saw this salad recipe.
since I have so many mushrooms sliced and one huge portabello, + I have the carrots and celery too.
sounds good to me and very best if it's let to sit and marry for the day.
thanks for recipe Kades..........
You're welcome my friend. Hope you like it. It's a fave here.So glad to see you here:)
kades

Back
Top Bottom