Napa Cabbage Slaw with Wasabi-Ginger Dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Napa Cabbage Slaw with Wasabi-Ginger Dressing:

3 cups Napa Cabbage, shredded
2 sliced green onion
1/2 red pepper, diced

2 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 teaspoons canola or light olive oil
2 - 4 teaspoons Wasabi powder
2 teaspoons minced shallot or onion
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 - 2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced ginger root
1 teaspoon sesame seeds

Whisk dressing in large bowl, add in veggies and toss to coat. Serve chilled.
Cut and pasted. I bought Wasabi powder when I was in Chicago last year--haven't opened it (well, it did kind of get misplaced--now I've found it). Sounds really good! Thanks, PF!

I have to report in on this, though it has been a while. . .

Soy, sugar, ginger and orange juice marinated duck breast, pan seared and roasted to get skin crispy. Then, pulsed in the robo coupe, not quite a force-meat, not quite chunky. Mix in with the cole slaw mix, and wrapped in spring roll wrappers, deep friend and served with tonga sauce. SO GOOD! Not quite a lumpia, not quite an egg roll, but 200% awesome! Thanks for sharing the base.
Can't afford/find duck...but I imaging it could be made with turkey or chicken? Sounds really, really good! Thanks.

It's ready to serve with dinner tonight PF........I added well drained canned Mandarin Oranges, as you suggested. I also added some grated carrot. It tastes fantastic, and beautiful too!
I'm serving it with Chinese barbecue pork tenderloins and Jasmine rice.
Thanks so much, darlin.
Oh gosh, something I can do with the 3 cans of mandarin oranges I smuggled out my father's stash of 17 cans...

I came across a polenta pizza recipe in one of the magazines from which I was scanning recipes--my thought bubble was: PF could probably convert this to a Breville pie recipe!

:ROFLMAO::LOL:I probably would/could! Glad you like the sound of this slaw!

I made the slaw last night for dinner. I have to say everyone really enjoyed it. Full disclosure... I made one change and added about a tablespoon of honey to the dressing. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly.

Delicious!!

I made the slaw last night for dinner. I have to say everyone really enjoyed it. Full disclosure... I made one change and added about a tablespoon of honey to the dressing. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly.

Delicious!!

Honey sounds like a good addition, I'm not a sweets eater, so I don't think about it, but have to admit that it usually tastes better with a little sweet to counter.

I use this dressing a lot as a meat marinade, ramen salad dressing, steamed veggie dressing. I love the flavors...

Wonderful! I did as Steve did and added a T. of honey. I mandolined cukes into matchstick pieces, along with half an onion, then salted, rinsed well, and drained, and mixed with the dressing. It's delicious!

This would be great on an Oriental-style hot dog. If there's any left....

Last edited:
I have seen your recipe on here before, but today it just kind of hit me between the eyes (that's gonna leave a mark!)--I have to try this soon. I will look for wasabi powder at my stores, but if I can't find it would wasabi paste work (and what measure to sub for the powder?). :yum:

Barbara L said:
I have seen your recipe on here before, but today it just kind of hit me between the eyes (that's gonna leave a mark!)--I have to try this soon. I will look for wasabi powder at my stores, but if I can't find it would wasabi paste work (and what measure to sub for the powder?). :yum:

I had bought wasabi powder from Penzey's, but couldn't find it, so I was all set to use horseradish (which makes up the majority of wasabi anyway), then I found it!

The ingredients of Penzey's Wasabi powder: horseradish, mustard, tapioca starch, and lastly, wasabi.

I had bought wasabi powder from Penzey's, but couldn't find it, so I was all set to use horseradish (which makes up the majority of wasabi anyway), then I found it!

The ingredients of Penzey's Wasabi powder: horseradish, mustard, tapioca starch, and lastly, wasabi.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom