North Carolina Style Slaw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
North Carolina Style Slaw

1 Cabbage; shredded
1 ts Pepper
2 Red and green bell peppers -
1 ts Ground red pepper
1 c Cider vinegar
1/4 c Brown sugar
1 ts Salt
1/4 c Ketchup

Mix everything but cabbage and peppers and taste!!!!! Add whatever you think you might want more of ( ketchup and sugar reduce bitterness).

Dump it in with the vegs and mix well. Let sit in frige to chill and allow the flavor to shgoot throughout.

Thank you for that recipe, Daily!!!
Years ago we had a little hole in the wall diner here called "The Coney Cafe". They had wonderful pit BBQ sandwiches served with a slaw on them that was unlike anything I've ever tasted.
I finally got ahold of the old woman who used to work there, and she told me the ingredients, (cabbage, onion, sugar & catsup),but she didn't have any particular amounts, and left a few things out, I suspect.
Your recipe is just what I've been looking for. :)

Daily, just wanted you to know that I made this slaw for Barnstock, our big "hippy reunion" this weekend. It went great with the smoked pork loins, deep-fried turkeys, beer-can chickens, chili, beer brats, etc, and I got many compliments, as well as requests to be sure and bring it again next year.

Thanks again for a GREAT recipe!!!

:chef:

Glad to hear that you enjoyed one of our recipes.

This was one one the last recipes that I posted on this forum. The forum management asked me not to post any more recipes as it is considering advertising to my active recipe website.

Actually Daily that is not quite true. If you are going to mis-quote then I feel the need to correct it. No one told you NOT to post recipes. But if you can't/won't/don't answer any questions ever asked about your recipes with your only response being

Dailyrecipes said
Sorry, but I do not know. I am not the author of the recipe. These are recipes that others have posted on our website that they wish to share.
then what do you call it?

This is a recipe/DISCUSSION forum and if you cannot answer any questions then it is plain and simple advertising. A great and APPROPRIATE response to Constance would have been 'thank you" - not another plug for your site.

Obviously you cannot comply with our no advertising policy.

Last edited:
:wacko:

There are other people who cut and paste tons of recipes without there being anything ~personal~ about what they share.

I have no problem with it, because for every 100 that are posted there is that one that shows up that really hits the target.

I'll never understand the politics...

I'm glad that this recipe was one that someone appreciated though. I have this whole phobia about ketchup ... don't have any in my fridge and can't seem to get enthusiastic enough about a recipe to buy any. =P

:heart:
Z

The slaw doesn't taste like catsup, Zereh, but you could easily substitute chili sauce if you prefer.
One great thing about this recipe is that it has no mayo, so it can stand at room temperature without fear of spoiling. Any left would last in the fridge for a good while.

Back
Top Bottom