Pears and Grapes salad-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm always looking for something different for a salad on sundays, this is so good with just about anything we grill. Even the little guys like it.
you need
1-lb. red seedless grapes
2-Tab. cider vinegar
1/3-c. evoo
salt and fresh ground black pepper
1-head of curley endive or escarole, torn into pieces, I mostly use escarole.
2-large pears, peeled,cored and diced
1/3-c. whipping cream
1-c. crumbled blue cheese
Puree 1 cup of the grapes, then strain to get the juice. Combine 1/4-c. of the juice with the vinegar and oil in jar with lid. Season with the salt and pepper and the cap and shake to blend.Toss 1/4 c. dressing with the endive or escarole and place on large platter. Halve the remaining grapes and toss with the diced pears. Spoon fruit over greens. In a small bowl,whip the cream til stiff, then fold in the remaining dressing. Spoon over fruit and top with the blue cheese
makes 4-6 servings

enjoy,
kadesma:)

Constance said:
Kadesma, that recipe is inspired! Please tell me how to choose pears at the grocery store...
Connie, I usually, just close my eyes and ask for help when picking out pears..So far I've been lucky..I do look for a slight yellowishness of the skin on the green pears, the other I just see if they yeild to a little pressure in the palm of my hand. If I get one that is firm I let it sit out for several days. I've even used some canned pears, not as good or tasty, but, they are sweet :LOL:

kadesma

ironchef said:
kadesma that looks good. You create some pretty good stuff at home. Some spiced and roasted walnuts or pecans would probably go good mixed together with that salad.
Thank you Ironchef..Spiced nuts, sounds good to me. We are having this sunday so will add the nuts to it. I'm sure it will be great. Thanks

kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom