Petunia Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Last week I was going to make tuna salad for our supper, and at the last minute I decided to add frozen baby peas to it, since I also love cold pea salad. Since it is kind of a combination of Pea Salad and Tuna Salad, I joined the names for a little play on words, and I called it Petunia Salad. The amounts listed are approximate, as I didn't measure anything.

4 cans (drained) solid albacore tuna
1 onion, chopped
1 cup celery
1 cup chopped dill pickles
1 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing, or mayonnaise
Garlic powder, to taste

Blend the above ingredients. Then add a bag of frozen baby peas (straight from the freezer) and blend well. Let sit (refrigerated) at least an hour, but over-night is fine.

This went over great at the lunch we had at church after the service today.

Last edited:
Last week I was going to make tuna salad for our supper, and at the last minute I decided to add frozen baby peas to it, since I also love cold pea salad. Since it is kind of a combination of Pea Salad and Tuna Salad, I joined the names for a little play on words, and I called it Petunia Salad. The amounts listed are approximate, as I didn't measure anything.

4 cans (drained) solid albacore tuna
1 onion, chopped
1 cup celery
1 cup chopped dill pickles
1 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing, or mayonnaise
Garlic powder, to taste

Blend the above ingredients. Then add a bag of frozen baby peas (straight from the freezer) and blend well. Let sit (refrigerated) at least an hour, but over-night is fine.

This went over great at the lunch we had at church after the service today.

There is something unique about frozen peas. They have an entirely different flavor than when cooked. I love them. When I was a kid, we would go into the garden and get the peas and eat them right out of the pod.

Back
Top Bottom