Question for Kayelle, Saurkraut salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
Is it ok for me to ask a direct question on the main forum?

I have tried using personal msgr before with little luck. but

Kayelle, could I please have your saurkraut salad recipe again? I forgot what all goes into it. It is Very nice like my Mom made.

I have a party to go to next week, and one Fun thing is that this salad sort of Shocks people.

Most people say, I don't want that. Till they try it and then you see old people and even children just eating it up!

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

Originally Posted by Kayelle

"Trust Me Sauerkraut Salad"

It's called that because you need to trust me that it's really good. Even people who usually don't like sauerkraut say so, even kids.

1 lg. can of sauerkraut, drained
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped purple onion
1 cup chopped green or red bell pepper (or combo)

Dressing:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cider vinegar
1/4 vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine kraut and veggies. Mix dressing and toss with mixture. Chill several hours to combine flavors and drain off some of the juice before serving ice cold. It's especially good with grilled meats.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kayelle

"Trust Me Sauerkraut Salad"

It's called that because you need to trust me that it's really good. Even people who usually don't like sauerkraut say so, even kids.

1 lg. can of sauerkraut, drained
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped purple onion
1 cup chopped green or red bell pepper (or combo)

Dressing:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cider vinegar
1/4 vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine kraut and veggies. Mix dressing and toss with mixture. Chill several hours to combine flavors and drain off some of the juice before serving ice cold. It's especially good with grilled meats.

This sounds interesting BUT ... A 1/2 cup sugar? How much vinegar and vegetable oil? Maybe 1/4 cup each?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom