REC--Chinese cabbage salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
Saw this on Paula the other day, thought it looked good - would go great with summertime teriyaki on the grill!

CHINESE CABBAGE SALAD – PAULA DEEN

6 servings

1 head Napa or bok choy cabbage
3 green onions
1 (3-ounce) package ramen noodles with seasoning pack
1 (6-ounce) package slivered almonds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat the broiler.

Tear the cabbage and slice the onions, and place in a large salad bowl. Crumble the noodles into a broiler pan, add the almonds, sesame seeds, and broil for 2 minutes, being careful not to scorch the sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight lid, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, and salt with the contents of the seasoning pack. Cover the jar and shake well to blend the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad, add the toasted sesame and almond, and toss to combine.

YUM! THANKS!

I am heading to the big asian market this weekend to stock up and think I'll make this with the really great ramen noodles they have (like 100 difft kinds!).

iI think I would toast the almonds and sesame seeds in a pan on top of the stove so I could keep an eye on them to prevent burning. Also, don't like too much "sweet" in my salad dressings, so maybe would use far less sugar.

lyndalou said:
iI think I would toast the almonds and sesame seeds in a pan on top of the stove so I could keep an eye on them to prevent burning. Also, don't like too much "sweet" in my salad dressings, so maybe would use far less sugar.
We make this salad often and toast both the noodles , almonds and the seeds ..It is yummy. In fact my daughter made 4 batches for a birthday party last saturday and we had about 3 tablespoons of it left:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom