Salad and Bleu Cheese Dressing TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Easy quick a favorite around here. Cut up on head of Romaine lettuce, and then dress with 1/4 lb. of Danish blue cheese mixed with 6 Tab. of cream, 1 tea. fresh squeezed lemon juice in a small bowl. Let stand for 5 min. Beat til well blended. Add 3 tab. of mayo and blend again. Gradually add in 2 Tab. evoo, and mashed garlic to taste, Then add in Worcestershire again to taste, along with Tabasco and salt and cracked black pepper. Add more lemon juice if desired. pour this over your cut up romaine add some fresh baked croutons and toss enjoy I also add several anchovy fillets well mashed and stirred into the dressing. Heaven in a bowl.
kades

I love blue cheese or gorganzola dressings. I am intrigued at the addition of lemon and anchovy. I bet it works well and will be tried next time.

I love blue cheese or gorganzola dressings. I am intrigued at the addition of lemon and anchovy. I bet it works well and will be tried next time.
I add anchovy many times to salad dressings also some lemon. Hope you like it as well.
kades

Ummm gorgonzola that sounds even better. Will you use reg or dolce?
kades

Sharp, as we call it here (piccante) :yum:

I didn't blend it so well, so I was forced to fish some pieces out of the mix and eat them :LOL::pig:

The sauce in in the fridge... I added some concentrated tomato paste, just a few. Tastes good, I'll have it for dinner.

Sharp, as we call it here (piccante) :yum:

I didn't blend it so well, so I was forced to fish some pieces out of the mix and eat them :LOL::pig:

The sauce in in the fridge... I added some concentrated tomato paste, just a few. Tastes good, I'll have it for dinner.
This is what I love about sharing recipes. Members can add things like you did with the tomato paste . This changes things around and make for a new recipe. I love this so much. Thank you Luca for the recipe change and letting me know you tried the recipe.
kades:yum:

Last edited:
You're a lot fancier than I am, my friend. I just add the crumbled bleu cheese to some miracle whip and add a little lemon juice and Worcester sauce. That's pretty similar to yours, actually, as the W.S. has anchovies in it.

I love Romaine lettuce. :)

You're a lot fancier than I am, my friend. I just add the crumbled bleu cheese to some miracle whip and add a little lemon juice and Worcester sauce. That's pretty similar to yours, actually, as the W.S. has anchovies in it.

I love Romaine lettuce. :)
I made it yesterday as part of the meal, guess who didn't get any??? Yep me, my girls both dove in and didn't come up til it was all gone. Then I got the have a recipe mom ok give us some paper and well write it down:ROFLMAO:
Well that made me happy. I love gorgonzola Connie but had to use the crumbles when I wanted the dolce it's soft and easy to mix in. I added anchovies and my s-i-l kept askeing me if I'd put any little fishies in it and I had to fib a bit. Ahh well he ate it and I never told the truth.Good to see you here Connie, how is Kim's back?
kades

This is what I love about sharing recipes. Members can add things like you did with the tomato paste . This changes things around and make for a new recipe. I love this so much. Thank you Luca for the recipe change and letting me know you tried the recipe.
kades:yum:

Kades, I started from your beautiful recipe, then I changed quite everything... :ohmy:

First, I substitute Gorgonzola for blue cheese, second I added tomato paste. Then I realized I din't add the mayo...
And finally, I didn't use it with green salad, but with baked potatoes!!! :wacko:

Here we go: I made the sauce with the above changes, then I steamed some big potatoes, not to cook them, just to have them more tender. I cut them lenghtwise, topped with (in this order) fine salt, ground black pepper, dried oregano, dried rosemary. I baked them about 25 minutes. 5 minutes before the end of cooking time, I poured some spoons of sauce on the potatoes, then finished baking.
They were GOOD!

Thanks again Kades.

Kades, I started from your beautiful recipe, then I changed quite everything... :ohmy:

First, I substitute Gorgonzola for blue cheese, second I added tomato paste. Then I realized I din't add the mayo...
And finally, I didn't use it with green salad, but with baked potatoes!!! :wacko:

Here we go: I made the sauce with the above changes, then I steamed some big potatoes, not to cook them, just to have them more tender. I cut them lenghtwise, topped with (in this order) fine salt, ground black pepper, dried oregano, dried rosemary. I baked them about 25 minutes. 5 minutes before the end of cooking time, I poured some spoons of sauce on the potatoes, then finished baking.
They were GOOD
thanks again Kades.

this sounds wonderful. In fact my friend you have my mouth watering and it's only 8 in th morning. Thanks for sharing the recipe with me. I'll be fixing it for our dinner tonight.
kades.

Last edited:
this sounds wonderful. In fact my friend you have my mouth watering and it's only 8 in th morning. Thanks for sharing the recipe with me. I'll be fixing it for our dinner tonight.
kades.

:)

This could be a new game for the forum: someone posts a recipe, then you have to change it, try it, and post you version, and so on and on... :ohmy:

May be you start from a Fondue fribourgeoise and ends making some Hinachirashi...

This could be a new game for the forum: someone posts a recipe, then you have to change it, try it, and post you version, and so on and on... :ohmy:

May be you start from a Fondue fribourgeoise and ends making some Hinachirashi...
lLet's see what comes of this:)
kades

I really like the idea of doing that as a game.

BTW, haven't seen you for a while. Is everything okay?

I just made that salad dressing. OMG, that was yummy. It would never have occurred to me to add Tabasco (okay, I used Grace's Hot Pepper Sauce instead, but same idea) to a salad dressing. I also wouldn't have thought of adding garlic or Worcestershire Sauce to a blue cheese dressing.

I cut the recipe down a fair bit, but tried to keep the proportions about the same. There's only two of us. A quarter pound would have been almost the entire wedge of Danish Blue cheese. ;) And, at ~$22/kg, I'm a bit miserly with my Danish Blue cheese.

I just made that salad dressing. OMG, that was yummy. It would never have occurred to me to add Tabasco (okay, I used Grace's Hot Pepper Sauce instead, but same idea) to a salad dressing. I also wouldn't have thought of adding garlic or Worcestershire Sauce to a blue cheese dressing.

I cut the recipe down a fair bit, but tried to keep the proportions about the same. There's only two of us. A quarter pound would have been almost the entire wedge of Danish Blue cheese. ;) And, at ~$22/kg, I'm a bit miserly with my Danish Blue cheese.
I'm so glad you enjoyed the dressing. We love it. I've found gorgonzola dolce works well it's easier to cream and cheaper as well.
Thanks for letting me know.
kades

I'm so glad you enjoyed the dressing. We love it. I've found gorgonzola dolce works well it's easier to cream and cheaper as well.
Thanks for letting me know.
kades
Thanks for the tip. I will have to check out the Gorgonzola. I think it's more expensive than the Danish one, but I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom