Salad Dressing & Marinades, From Scratch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

halfpintohoney

Assistant Cook
:chef:There is nothing better then, having the ability to make your favorite meals in the comfort of your own home, and have them taste like they were made by a master chef! The first thing is that the fresher your ingredients, the better the taste!

I love to experiment with different flavours and ingredients. I have a small booth in the food court of our Harbour view Weekend Market, and let me tell you, they love my different salad creations, of fruits & veggies mixed together, for a nice filling salad! You really can't ever, put too much into your salad!

Especially in the summer months when there are so many wonderful local, fresh produce options! Many you can have right in your own back yard! Despite popular belief, It doesn't cost much extra to put a healthy style into your life! It just takes a little fun & imagination!

Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing

Ingredients:
1 c. extra virgin
olive oil
1 Use one raw garlic clove or roast it in the oven first, for an extra kick to your dressing.
3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 c. lemon juice
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
2 oz Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 tsp. Anchovy Paste
Dash Worcestershire Sauce

Directions:
A) Put lemon juice and beaten eggs in blender. Beat well.
B) Add oil, garlic, vinegar, salt, mustard, pepper and Parmesan cheese; blend well.
C) Add dash Worcestershire sauce and the anchovy paste.
D) Blend all ingredients together and store in refrigerator.
E) Serve with Romaine lettuce and top with Home Made croutons.

Fresh, Spiced Homemade Croutons!!

Back
Top Bottom