Scallop Salad TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is great I really enjoy it.Heat a grill pan over med high heatBrush grill with oil. Pat scallops dry then place them on the grill I buy 1 lb. of large sea scallops.cook til they loosen and are browned and ready to turn.I think 1-2 minturn and cook other side 1-2 min more.In bowl whisk 2-3 tab. fresh lemon juice and 1 Tab of the zest. plus 3 tab. of evoo put scallops in the bowl and let sit for 5-10 min.Toss well and easily Stir once or twice. now add salt & pepper, 2 tab. of chopped fresh basil, and 1-2 tab. fresh chopped mint. cut up 3-4 small roma tomatoes,about 6 cups bites sized salad greens.add this mix to the scallops toss arrainge the goodies on a nice platter top with the scallops and serve with a nice hot soup and french bread and butter
kades

Last edited:
I always do scallops for Shrek birthday and that is coming up, I will get some extra for a salad for myself.:pig:

That sounds wonderful! What kind of soup do you make it with?

There is a menu item at a restaurant near my job that makes something that sounds very like this only they add a few handfuls of pasta with the lettuce. It's just scrumptious.

That sounds wonderful! What kind of soup do you make it with?

There is a menu item at a restaurant near my job that makes something that sounds very like this only they add a few handfuls of pasta with the lettuce. It's just scrumptious.
Kathleen, My favorite soup is french onion and that is what i often make but I'd bet a nice beef broth with fat noodles,green onions and a beaten egg stirred in would be nice.
kades/ma

Back
Top Bottom