Simple easy Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is easy, the colors beautiful and it's refreshing on a hot day...take 1 pint of raspberries and puree 3/4 of a c. Keeping other berries cold.Pour through a wire strainer to remove the seeds...Add 3 tab. sugar or several tab of honey, now add some cream sherry about 1/4 c. Cut one large cantaloupe into bite sized chunks mix the melon with the puree, when ready to serve put into sherbet or long stemmed wine glasses and top with the whole berries..If you want you can put everything into a glass bowl and serve buffet style. A glass of sparkling wine is wonderful with this as is your favorite iced tea.
kadesma:)

That sounds very good, and I'll bet it's pretty too :).
It is very pretty, the colors are so pretty in the crystal or just glass. The taste is wonderful, not for little kids, but when I do this I make one for the kids without the sherry and use some apple cider...
kades

That's ok, I'm a big kid. :LOL: Sounds like a great warm weather dessert, and raspberries were on sale so I bought several containers. Thanks, Kadesma.:cool:
Yes, a dessert, boy where has my head been? Hope you enjoy it...I want to make it again, but last week raspberries were 4.99 a small basket..Yikes, but if they are still high I'm going to splurge and get them any way,:rolleyes:
kades

Back
Top Bottom