Tabouli, Quinoa & Quail Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
:) tabouli, quinoa and quail egg salad

Easy to prepare, cool, summery & a bit different ...

:yum: Ingredients for 2:

300 grams of Peruvian quinoa
3 firm yet ripe red tomatoes
2 spring onions
1 lime or lemon
4 tblsps. fresh chopped parsley
2 tblsps. fresh mint herb or fresh basil
1 tblsp. snipped chive herb
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Evoo & Balsamic Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar
4 quail eggs
150 grams of Dry Red Alubia Beans

1. wash the quinoa grains and boil a pot of salted water. Drizzle a shot glass of Evoo in the salted water and boil the grains for 15 minutes. Reserve.

2. Boil the quail eggs in salted water until firm. Let cool and then peel and Reserve.

3. In a large bowl, slice the tomato finely, add the parsley chopped finely, add the basil or the mint chopped finely, add the chive snipped finely, salt and pepper and add the presoaked overnite red beans that had been cooked until tender and cooled.

4. chop finely the spring onion and add to the bowl. Toss all together.

5. add the quinoa grains and the rest of the ingredients including the sliced in half quail eggs.

6. Dress with vinagrette.

Enjoy this colorful salad.

Have a lovely Tuesday.
Ciao. ;)
Margaux Cintrano.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely Margi, I am a huge fan of quinoa. This reminds me of Tabbouleh, traditionally made with bulgar wheat, however I can't eat that so I have quinoa. Not familiar with alubia beans though?

And I simply adore quails eggs. Often have them as a nibble, just boiled, peeled and dipped in celery salt. Fab.

That sounds so cool and refreshing, Margi. Love tabouli salads - I'm not familiar with alubia beans either, will have to look them up. Thank you for sharing this!

Gravy Queen and Cheryl,

Alubia : this is a small tiny legume which grows in Northern Spain ... They are available in red, white, or pinto color ... They are the size of a Northern Navy Bean ...

Ladies, please use any Red or White Bean that you enjoy.

Thanks for compliment, and I shall try to post a photo tomorrow before I leave for Puglia on Friday.

Kindest regards,
Ciao, Margi.

Back
Top Bottom