What do you like in your salad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corazon90 said:
Yum. I love that salad too. Now you made my spring fever even worse! Can't wait for all that good fresh fruits and veggies that come with summer. Any berries!!!

I don't like much lettuce in my salad. I like all the stuff! One we make often is cukes, tomatoes, avos, pecans, carrots, mushrooms, gorgonzola, mandarin oranges and homemade croutons. I also like chicken, bacon, apple & blue cheese dressing. There's a restaurant in town that has a salad I like with jack cheese, candied pecans, frozen berries, green onions and a sweet paprika dressing. It's really good. Sometimes they put melon on it too. It sounds like a strange combo but I like it a lot.
The salad you describe sounds wonderful, not strange.:) ..Emmm would love to try that one..

kadesma

dollops of goat cheese rolled in extra fine bread crumbs and lightly toasted, walnuts, and dried cranberries in a raspberry viniagrette over micro greens is one of my favorite salads that i make often.

i also love greek salads, with feta, anchovies, green peppers, red onions, olives, grape leaves, over romaine in a lemon/garlic viniagrette.

another good one is bleu cheese crumbled over blanched julienne of broccoli stems, carrots, and onions, with roasted sunflower seeds on a bed of iceberg lettuce with red wine vinegar and evoo.

and i can't forget a spinach salad, with shaved grana padano, and a warm bacon/onion dressing.

for other toppings, as in from a salad bar, i like: chick peas, mung bean sprouts, scallions, sliced beets, shredded carrots, raisins, broccoli florets, red and icicle radishes, pickled tofu, kimchi, hijiki, and water chestnuts...

buckytom said:
dollops of goat cheese rolled in extra fine bread crumbs and lightly toasted, walnuts, and dried cranberries in a raspberry viniagrette over micro greens is one of my favorite salads that i make often.

That sounds wonderful bt! Do you put the goat cheese in the oven to toast it? That is right up my alley, but unfortunatly not up dh's alley. I'll have to try it when he's at work.

i toast the breadcrumbs in a very hot non-stick skillet with a misting of light olive oil, and then crush them fine. then, with wet hands, you slice and smooth the goat cheese into small hockey pucks, then press them into the breadcrumbs.
if you like the cheese a little warmed, sometimes i pop them into the nuker for a few seconds.
you could press the cheese into the breadcrumbs first, then into the pan, but it's a little trickier.

does your hubby not like chevre? there are a myriad of different goat cheeses, from very bland to extremely stinky, like bad feet. i like stinky feet.

I like making salads with marinated Tuna or sometimes Salmon. Sometime I want to get into to using shrimp.

Other usual incredients are lettuce/spinach, chopped onion, chopped radishes, chopped cucumber, feta cheese, sometimes chopped garlic, sometimes shredded cheddar, some Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning or a few pinches of Cayenne, sprinkle a little bit of Sriracha Chili Sauce, croutons, maybe add some more chipotle in with the meat. (I love that smokey chipotle flavour)

As for dressing lately I like Ginger flavored ones and maybe also a little vinegar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom