World's Best Vinaigrette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Maloney

Senior Cook
This is what my family craves. I make other dressings, but they always 'ask' for this again & again.

VINAIGRETTE

1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard
1/4 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. White Pepper
1 tsp. Salt
Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 lemon
1 Clove Garlic, Pressed or Minced
5 Tblsp. Tarragon Vinegar
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
2 Tbslp. Olive Oil
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup Cream

Place ALL ingredients in bowl (or jar) and whisk (or shake) well to combine.
Spread on greens. eat. smile :yum:
This dressing will store for several weeks in the refrigerator.

I think the cream would, technically, take it out of being called a "vinaigrette." Looks a lot like Green Goddess dressing....

I personally cant abide tarragon but another herb-infused vinegar could work.

Can you get pasteurized eggs where you are?

I still have chives in my garden and was thinking of trying this with chives and shallots rather than the tarragon.

Hi jennyema, I have never looked for pasteurized eggs in the market. I know there is a pretty simple recipe for pasteurizing them yourself but I don't know how to do it. Go to Melindalee.com and look for it in there (techniques or there is a how-to section). I believe it is basically simply 'just barely' boiling them.
I'm sure you can adapt the recipe to your tastes, then let me know so I can try it too :)

ps. can you believe I am still getting cherry tomatoes on my vines in November?

Thanks Chef..I will have a look at the shops :)

Pleased to hear you now get it in a bigger bottle at the same price..bargain :)

Thanks Chef..I will have a look at the shops :)

Pleased to hear you now get it in a bigger bottle at the same price..bargain :)

ya, otherwise, It shouldn't be hard to unfuse your own vinegar with fresh tarrgon though. Not sure what kind of vinegar, cider maybe? I kind of like the idea of making my own, thanks:)

I want to try this recipe! Do you just use a regular raw egg and take your chances? I guess I've been lucky but I've never been sickened in 53 years of eating the occasional undercooked or raw egg. What about using one of those liquid egg products?

I'm hoping to find my HG (holy grail) salad dressing so I will eat more dark, leafy and slightly bitter greens that are so good for you. And my teen daughter is a salad maniac, so you'll have two fans in our household!

I like certain dark letuces and need another more heavy dressing this will do the trick;) Thanks
kades

I want to try this recipe! Do you just use a regular raw egg and take your chances? I guess I've been lucky but I've never been sickened in 53 years of eating the occasional undercooked or raw egg. What about using one of those liquid egg products?

I'm hoping to find my HG (holy grail) salad dressing so I will eat more dark, leafy and slightly bitter greens that are so good for you. And my teen daughter is a salad maniac, so you'll have two fans in our household!

I like certain dark letuces and need another more heavy dressing this will do the trick;) Thanks
kades

Ellen, This is our Holy GraiL dressing.
I have never had a problem with eggs. Ever. Lucky I guess. I use a real egg. However, it is simple to PASTEURIZE your own eggs at home. Please see what I posted in the 'GENERAL COOKING INFO' section here on DC titled: "Pasteurize Eggs At Home" :)

You Are Welcome Kadesma. This recipe is really delicious. Great for salads, dipping veges, all kinds of things :)

Last edited:
Sounds good except for the tarragon. Not a big fan of that particular herb. Other suggestions for a substitute?

Sounds good except for the tarragon. Not a big fan of that particular herb. Other suggestions for a substitute?

hmmm... I don't know Jabbur. Experiment. Make it without the tarragon, just use cider vinegar or white wine vinegar. You could sprinkle some dill weed ? or other herb ? on your salad, add the dressing, then if you like the taste add it into the recipe:)

hmmm... I don't know Jabbur. Experiment. Make it without the tarragon, just use cider vinegar or white wine vinegar. You could sprinkle some dill weed ? or other herb ? on your salad, add the dressing, then if you like the taste add it into the recipe:)

I'll give that a try. Need to pick up some cream next time I'm out.

Back
Top Bottom