2017 Winter Holiday Menus/Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am starting to plan my holiday menus. My DD expressed that she would like to experience a soup to nuts Christmas Day meal.

I am now looking for an example format for such a meal.

I would be interested to see a list of courses lineup first (example: soup, appy, cheese, pasta, fish, meat, etc.), then recipe suggestions.

I have a prelim menu in mind.

Any suggestions are welcome. TIA

Please post suggestions and share your Holiday Meal plans.

I will post my menus when I lock them done.

Last edited:
Thank you GG. I had some of those courses planned but wasn't sure of the serving order.

Don't think it will be 10 courses but enough to make DD happy. So long as she helps with the prep/cooking of the meal.
When I was young I had 1 great aunt and 1 second cousin who did Thanksgiving dinners that started at around 11 AM and finished around 9 or 10 PM! YIKES.

Mom and I only had dinner once at each of their houses. We mostly had holidays at her sisters houses who took turns with the holidays. Which included Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Good Friday and Easter. One year they all did dinner. They each took a course and we traveled from one house to the next. That only happened ONCE. LOL

Thank you GG. I had some of those courses planned but wasn't sure of the serving order.

Don't think it will be 10 courses but enough to make DD happy. So long as she helps with the prep/cooking of the meal.

Here's a more reasonable menu plan ;) Seven courses is more doable, and some of it doesn't even have to be cooked. A cheese course can be prepared in advance and just brought to the table. Lots of good tips on choosing types of foods here: The Ultimate Menu Planning Guide

When I was young I had 1 great aunt and 1 second cousin who did Thanksgiving dinners that started at around 11 AM and finished around 9 or 10 PM! YIKES.

Mom and I only had dinner once at each of their houses. We mostly had holidays at her sisters houses who took turns with the holidays. Which included Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Good Friday and Easter. One year they all did dinner. They each took a course and we traveled from one house to the next. That only happened ONCE. LOL

Wow, a ten-hour meal! :ohmy: Crazy.

Last edited:
Here's a more reasonable menu plan ;) Seven courses is more doable, and some of it doesn't even have to be cooked. A cheese course can be prepared in advance and just brought to the table. Lots of good tips on choosing types of foods here: The Ultimate Menu Planning Guide

Wow, a ten-hour meal! :ohmy: Crazy.
Thank you GG. I did have a cheese and fruit course planned.

Yes, 10 hours with long breaks between courses. So the men could watch sports or go to the high school game etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom