2020 New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
This is my menu as of now.

I make small amounts of each salad and dip.

I'll roast a turkey breast and make stuffing on Wednesday.

We have this for both days.

New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Menu

For sandwiches:

Roasted Turkey Breast
Stuffing

Salads/Dips:

Macaroni Salad
Potato Salad
Olive Salad
Bean Salad
Chili Con Queso
Onion Dip
Blue Cheese Dip
Salsa
Green Olive Tapenade
Bruschetta
Black Bean and Corn Salad
Assorted Chips

Dessert:

Cheesecake with Cherry topping
Fresh Fruit Tart

Olive Salad is done

olive_salad_122920_IMG_7516.jpg

I'm planning to do snacks for New Year's Eve. I just now decided on the menu! [emoji16] Spinach-artichoke dip with crostini, Greek seven-layer dip with pita chips and Greek meatballs. We still have Christmas cookies for dessert.

New Year's Day - haven't decided yet.

I hadn't given this much thought, until today MsM.

I asked DH what he would like to have and he said
"anything you make will be great" :wub:

I think for the Eve I'll make hand made fettuccini
with Mussels Marinara for DH and Clam Sauce for Moi.
Bread, Salad and Prosecco I think.

For the Day I'll make our favorite Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
with my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee and Fried Saimin.

Noodles are intracule to our New Years Celebration,
without exception.

I'm planning to do snacks for New Year's Eve...

Pretty much the same thing here. We stopped at Trader Joe's yesterday when we went out to order new glasses for me. I picked up a number of frozen finger foods. Today's foray into Market Basket got me shrimp spring rolls, salami, prosciutto, and a nice assortment of cheeses. I already had olives, pickles, and crackers at home. Prosecco, too. I'll figure out exactly what we're having when I start to gather things together.

We're thinking a cross between snacks and a Danish smørbrødsbord. There is bottle of Henkell Trocken, bought for the occasion, in the fridge. Hmmm, I should see if I have any rye flour. If I do, I might make some rye bread for that smørbrødsbord.

Ms M, the olive salad looks good.

I will be putting on a pot of chili for NYE.

NYDay I will bake a 10 lb bone in ham Why? Because it was the smallest I could find on line with a bone in. I think the 12 days of christmas is being displaced by the 10 days of ham -- Will freeze portions of ham. Scalloped taters. sweet potatoes, cranberries, lefse, salad with some pretty good tasting tomatoes. Just roll me in the direction of the couch.

Christmas cookies for dessert

I'm feeling a bit odd that I have zero plans for NY eve or day meals.

I was all for special Christmas Eve and day dinners but not now. :ermm:

Ross

I'm planning to do snacks for New Year's Eve. I just now decided on the menu! [emoji16] Spinach-artichoke dip with crostini, Greek seven-layer dip with pita chips and Greek meatballs. We still have Christmas cookies for dessert.

New Year's Day - haven't decided yet.
As soon as I mentioned Greek to DH, he asked about stuffed grape leaves, so add those to the menu [emoji16] And he's going to look for kefalotyri cheese to make saganaki with. Flaming cheese is always fun [emoji91]

Back
Top Bottom