Any Thanksgiving distasters this year 2021??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Well, I'm off to an early start. Figured, why not start the holiday off with a disaster.

Making BBQ Roasted potatoes to bring.
I usually pre cook the potatoes in the microwave ( already BBQ sauce mixed in) just so they get a little. cooked before roasting .

I mix the potatoes and sauce in a microwavable container and do rounds of 2 minutes, then mix, 2 minutes, mix ... a couple of times. Intention is not to totally cook them though, but jus to. ensure that they d cook through and the roasting concentrates on the outside of the potato . Been doing this way for ever and still will do its this way.

The disaster happened when I removed the potatoes from the microwave to bring them to the counter to load them into roasting tray. The plastic container buckled and gravity took over. I was left hiding he lid, while the rest of the container ( contents included ) wound up on the floor. Wish I took a pic but I was too busy cursing.

Potatoes and BBQ sauce ( which included a lot of added oil and honey ). all over the kitchen floor!!!!

Can you top this one???

Hope you cant!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!!

No more pie pans. Had to put the crust for my carrot pie into an 8 inch ceramic casserole dish I reduced the cooking temp to 325, and increase the time by 10 minutes, as this is a deep pie. We'll see how it turns out. Could be great, could be a disaster. It's certainly not as pretty.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Not a disaster, but we both got a COVID booster yesterday and I also had a flu shot. Not feeling up to the turkey siege. So we'll do it tomorrow.

Not a disaster, but we both got a COVID booster yesterday and I also had a flu shot. Not feeling up to the turkey siege. So we'll do it tomorrow.

Bummer. I was surprised that I had a reaction to the booster also. Good thing was it was only a one day thing.

Hope you are fine by tomorrow.

Ross

My wife had a 24 hour type reaction after the booster ( and flu) , then all was ok.

Hopefully its passed quickly and you can enjoy the holiday.

Kinda sorta a disaster: I put the Turkey tenderloin in to
the hot box first, let it go for 30 minutes.
Then shoved in the Dressing Casserole;
took the turkey out, plopped in the Rolls...
forgot all about the Dressing!
The top was a bit toasty-crunchy, but
not much, I just fluffed those bits
into the rest of the moist stuff and all was well.

I turned the heater up in the house for MIL. One of her big complaints is the temp of our house, so I thought I would avert that. Sadly, with the warmer house and 2 ovens going, it made me feel unwell! But, we got thru it.

Back
Top Bottom