Bakechef's Getting Married!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow--what a great dad--unconditional love! You are very blessed to have a family and friends who love you for who you are. And fate played a role in your relationship! Cool--hope your best man includes that story in the toast and you have to bring those ugly glasses to Maine!

Aw, I've been off the computer all day and I missed the party? :( Looks like you guys had a wonderful day. What a great group of family and friends you have to honor you so lovingly. Congrats Mike, best wishes to you and Rob, and much luck, love and happiness in the years to come.

What Brilliant Fun for you all! Life CAN be good sometimes can't it?
Blessings to you both and may the blanket of love always keep you warm xx

Congratulations.
And nice pan. I like the large radius bottom. Easy to get a wooden spoon into.

Congrats to you both! Love the peacocks and rainbow of fruit.

I'm really happy that gay people are much more accepted these days. My brother in law has been with his partner for over 25 years. Before he came out, he had a very difficult time as well.

Congratulations again :flowers:

Congratulations & Best Wishes!

(and your gift registry is supposed to be full of everything fun and frivolous that you wouldn't buy yourself ;))

YAY! Bakechef what a cool bunch of family and friends you have! When is the big day? Will you post pix for us?

I'm totally envious of the pan. I was just scoping out new frying pans. I need a crepe pan.

Your hubby looks like he lights up a room when he walks in, and the two of you look so happy together. Congratulations!

Wonderful !!! Many congratulations, great photos ! So is this a Civil Partnership , as we have here in the UK ?

It will be full marriage in 13 states (not in the state where we live unfortunately), and federally recognized, it's still very messy legally since my marriage won't be legal in my state, yet recognized by other states and the federal government. My state amended its constitution last year to only recognize opposite gender couples. That will some day crumble, but for now it's still the law here. In Maine where I grew up it is legal and that's why we decided to go there for the wedding. We have to have a lot of legal documents drawn up to protect ourselves that opposite gender couples don't have to, because even after marriage we'll still be seen as "just friends" here in North Carolina.

YAY! Bakechef what a cool bunch of family and friends you have! When is the big day? Will you post pix for us?

I'm totally envious of the pan. I was just scoping out new frying pans. I need a crepe pan.

Your hubby looks like he lights up a room when he walks in, and the two of you look so happy together. Congratulations!

The big day is August 24th! I'll keep posting pics on this thread as things. progress.

Rob is one of the jolliest people that I know, he makes even the worst days brighter!

Rats! I'm too late for the shower, BC -- Mike & Rob -- but want to offer my heartiest congratulations to you both. Looks as though you will be sharing many "happy meals" together! Lovely pictures - thanks for sharing. :):):)

:flowers::wub: to the both of you. This has to be one of the happiest threads I have had the privilege of reading. I am so glad that Maine finally came to its' senses and recognized that everyone is entitled to be loved by someone. And to have that love given all the legal rights that other citizens have is just icing on the "wedding" cake.

Congratulations to the both of you. Sounds like the two of you will have a bright future together. :angel:

It will be full marriage in 13 states (not in the state where we live unfortunately), and federally recognized, it's still very messy legally since my marriage won't be legal in my state, yet recognized by other states and the federal government. My state amended its constitution last year to only recognize opposite gender couples. That will some day crumble, but for now it's still the law here. In Maine where I grew up it is legal and that's why we decided to go there for the wedding. We have to have a lot of legal documents drawn up to protect ourselves that opposite gender couples don't have to, because even after marriage we'll still be seen as "just friends" here in North Carolina.
I got married in MN. At the time, I changed my name to include the DH's name at the end (no hyphen). When I went to have my passport renewed at the US embassy, the US government did not recognize my registration certificate as a legal document (we left MN before the marriage certificate was ready), so I had to have my passport in my maiden name. The Canadian government does not recognize my maiden name, so all my "legal" things (health card, SIN card, property title) are in my married name. The US embassy made me get my dl changed to my maiden name, but my car remained in my married name. To change it, I have to file an affidavit of name change. I can't be bothered, I just have lots of a/k/a on my legal papers. And, I was able to change the name on my DL back after I got my new passport without any proof of name change.

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone!

here are our invitations, hand made by my cousin! She used peacock feather stamps to create these. She made all of the interlocking hearts individually.

SG1L0367.JPG

SG1L0372.JPG

Those invitations look wonderful :)

Wonderful photos, fabulous gifts, thanks so much for sharing all this with us :)

Here's the thread that some have requested!

Today our wonderful friends threw us a wedding shower. It was fantastic, had over 30 people show up! They rented a space, made food and set up games. We're honored to have such great friends.

Here are a few pics of the event.

I'm the bald one in case anyone was wondering!

Here we are opening gifts, this is pretty much the expression that my partner has on his face all the time,
Presents.jpg

Can you guess what's in the wrapping paper?
shower+pan.jpg

Our color inspiration was peacocks, our friend has wild ones roaming through her yard. One of the hostess made this for us, she loves to do sculptures, this was totally awesome! Peacocks have kind of taken over the wedding as a theme, thanks to my other half... I didn't realize that they are now trendy!
peacock+statue.JPG

She also made these!
lolipop.JPG

Here is the pan that was under the wrapping paper, from our registry.
Pan.JPG

Ramekins! Also from our registry!
Ramikens.JPG

A beautiful gift of flowers
flowers.JPG

Back
Top Bottom